Bloomberg News is seeking a reporter for the Speed Desk in its Manila bureau. The successful applicant will be able to meet real-time deadlines and write breaking-news dispatches on business and general-interest topics ranging from company earnings, stock market reports, mergers and acquisitions, and politics, to natural disasters and strikes. Duties include, but are not limited to, monitoring government statements, company releases and news portals in both English and the local language; sending original headlines and short stories in English based on split-second news judgment; monitoring other media and writing news summaries; and attending some press briefings and events.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of journalism experience or at least 1-2 years translation experience required
- Strong news judgment; ability to recognize news that is significant to markets and investors
- Experience working in a real-time news environment is highly desirable
- Fluency in English and local language is essential