The Sevens is a new Emirates owned and managed international standard Sports and Events facility located on the Dubai - Al Ain road with 6 multi-purpose sports pitches plus 6 cricket pitches, netball & tennis courts, a players club featuring bar, restaurant and banquet room facilities. The Sevens is also the home of the successful annual international Dubai Rugby Sevens
The job holder will be responsible for the control & management of facility schedules including sports & cricket pitches, the main grandstand & the Players Club social, events & conference facility. Responsible for the sourcing, development & implementation of additional local activity at the facility with external sports & event bodies. Plan & coordinate all events to ensure a high standard of presentation is consistently maintained. Work cooperatively with all personnel to maintain a quality programme within the policies & procedures of The Sevens vision plan.
- Project manage events and simultaneously manage a variety of issues and maintain documented accounts of each project in an organised manner to ensure smooth functioning of all events.
- Schedule sports activities throughout the facility as per requests received and operating usage agreements in place. Liaise with sporting bodies and international customers with regards to their activity schedules to ensure maximum usage of the facility at all times.
- Keep all sports items organized, inventoried and in good working condition and co-ordinate quotations from sports outlets for presentation to General Manager for any sports equipment which may be required
- Ensure the sports facilities and equipment is in good working order and condition. Manage and oversee any specific preparation and dismantling of any scheduled area of the facility prior to and following an event including equipment required.
- Liaison with external bodies and contractors to ensure that the facility is serviced and maintained to a high standard
- Prepare and implement an event or function plan to meet the collective requirements of the venue and/or the group and ensure time and resources are effectively met.
- Advise and guide clients prior to any event in order to establish local requirements and expectations, and if necessary to instruct compliance with corporate strategy and image.
- Be fully conversant with the activities of the department in order to liaise effectively on behalf of the general manager with senior management of the organization and any local and international external contacts
- Ensure all users of the facility have the required safety, medical and insurance processes in place, covering all participants, officials and spectators. Maintain filing system of the insurance documentation etc.
- Ensure all scheduling and administration work is up to date, attendance at meetings as required in and out of normal working hours. Complete the pre and post-event reports with recommendations for improvements as laid out in the Promotions Manual for evaluation of events.
- The role will also be responsible to manage administration of the department including financial control assistance, billing and procurement.
- Assistance in the design, management & maintenance of the facilities web sites.
- 12 Years schooling or 'A' level or equivalent level of education
- Minimum 5 years of leisure &/or event management experience
- Knowledge of managing a sporting facility will be an added advantage
- Must have good secretarial skills & be fully conversant with MS office applications including Excel spreadsheets & Power Point presentations.
- Fluency in written & spoken English with a pleasant telephone etiquette.
- Must be able to prioritise and organise workload.
- Must be able to work under pressure and demonstrate a helpful attitude at all times
- Must be a team player, able to work under pressure & demonstrate a helpful attitude at all times.