- All inspection activities on all projects and completion of all related documentation, reports etc.
- To be a team player in the corrosion protection treatment process of fabricated structural steel structures and associated items.
Key Aims and Objectives
- To apply your work skills in a manner which enables the Coating Department to deliver defect free product, which conforms to customer supplied specifications and Project working procedures.
- To assist the department in achieving this objective at the first attempt, within the time allowed and at each subsequent attempt.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- To carry out instructions from your superiors in a safe manner at all times.
- Assuming responsibility for the item you are painting through to the delivery stage.
- To apply paint in a manner and at the stipulated wet film thickness (WFT), adhering to project and/or Nigerdock working procedures, ensuring the desired quality in finished product is achieved.
- Your rate of production will be in line with acceptable industry norms, utilizing correctly functioning and correctly set equipment.
- As a specialist tradesman you will always be held fully responsible for the quality of your own work and you will inspect your own work for conformance.
- To always ensure your equipment is cleaned properly and to report faulty equipment immediately to your supervisor.
- To ensure that you are aware of the hazards pertaining to the tasks you are performing and ensuring that you always wear suitable PPE and use suitable equipment.
- To act in a responsible manner and plan your working day according to instructions given to you by your superiors, ensuring that in a reasonable time allocation, you collect all PPE and equipment necessary to perform your tasks prior to you moving to the work site.
- To inform your superiors immediately if you are not capable of carrying out specific tasks due to poor health or lack of knowledge.
- When not performing your primary function as a spray painter, you are expected to take part in any other activities associated with the functioning of the department including housekeeping activities.
- To conduct yourself in a manner that satisfies the purpose of your employment at Nigerdock.