Visa is seeking a Sr. Business Leader, Sr. Human Resources Business Partner to act as the primary business partner to support the Group Executive for Central Europe Middle East and Africa (CEMEA) and all functional teams based in Dubai. This individual will act as a strategic thought partner to the executive leading each of these critical areas of Visa’s business. He/she will have a commercially-focused mindset and help translate those issues to human resources capabilities. The individual will have responsibility for clients in multiple geographic locations. This individual will also be a key member of the HR leadership team and work closely with their internal counterparts for successful planning and delivery of HR programs and services to the business. The Sr. Business Leader will operate as a trusted advisor and business partner to functional executives and to other members of the company’s senior management team, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues. The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic payments space and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant change; employing only the necessary HR processes that enable the organization to innovate and grow.
- The CEMEA HR leader will be based in Dubai. The position is responsible for HR strategy across broad geographies and diverse markets. The HR Leader drive the talent agenda to ensure Visa’s success in the region.
- Human Resources operate as an integrated function with closely coordinated goals and plans.
- The CEMEA HR Leader will report to the Global HR Executive based in the USA. This position will work closely with business leaders in the geography and across multiple functions. It is imperative that he/she share the common goal of advancing Visa's performance.
- For the ideal candidate this position represents an opportunity to be a major contributor in an organization poised to further capitalize on its brand and industry leadership.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to senior leadership focused on a broad-based and transformational talent agenda designed to recruit, develop and retain the very best innovative talent in the business;
- Direct the human resources organization within client groups to develop and execute best practices to promote employee engagement and to enable a high-performing workforce to contribute to the company’s strategic growth;
- Provide proactive and strategic guidance and support for organizational planning and development initiatives that align the human resources agenda in support of key business strategies and initiatives in client groups;
- Ensure that strategic human capital goals and initiatives in client groups align as appropriate across the broader organization.
- Ensure that human resource costs and services are aligned with organizational goals.
- Total of 4 directs and 5 indirects.
- 15+ years of human resources leadership with exposure to an innovative business, one that continues to reinvent their business proposition. Industry is open with a preference for the consumer, financial services or technology industry. Multi-company experience is strongly preferred.
- Ten-plus years of successful business partnership at a divisional/executive level, with proven success in linking HR strategies to the business.
- Experience in a growing global business and positive reputation for working effectively across levels of an organization.
- Proven ability to operate strategically and have a hands-on approach.
- Successful implementation of operational and strategic HR programs and processes across a dispersed region. Possess strong influencing and interpersonal skills, honed in a demanding and high performing work environment.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. A master’s degree, in a related field, is preferred.
Critical Competencies for Success
Relationship Building / Influencing: Demonstrate effective and appropriate influencing skills with senior management/partners, combining high-level human capital knowledge with deep organizational understanding. Build strong relationships with solid trust and mutual respect as the foundation. Leverage strong judgment skills to make decisions. Instinctively know when and how to introduce change, in such a way that it is broadly accepted and institutionalized.
Other Personal Characteristics
Strong Intellect. Bright individual, with ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgment. Quick study, able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously. Able to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as tactical operational details.
Highly Ethical. Can be trusted to do only the “right thing” for the employees, shareholders, and others. Follows a balanced approach without compromising integrity.
Values and Leadership. Demonstrates alignment to Visa’s Values (Integrity, Clients, People, Collaboration, Innovation and Excellence) and has the capability to lead and motivate a team. Demonstrates commitment to growing and developing internal talent.
Results Oriented. Energetic, resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence. Enjoys working hands-on.
Change Agent. Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day HR matters. Able to anticipate risks and propose practical plans to mitigate them. Appreciates HR’s impact and how HR is an integral part of the company’s business strategy.
Low Ego. Puts needs of the business ahead of him/herself. Operates in a transparent fashion without a personal agenda. Possesses a well-developed sense of humor and listens first.
Self-starter. Able to challenge the status-quo sensitively and constructively. Intellectually agile, self-confident and highly articulate.