Oversee the identification and assessment of MENA Core Products, as listed above, to understand market development trends, opportunities and threats
- Manage the identification, qualification and quantification of region-wide and market specific opportunities in close cooperation with local management and understand critical factors to successful market development.
- Decide upon product viability, value and prioritisation within the overall marketing strategy and planning for MENA Product segments and the achievement of Visa’s corporate objectives.
- Drive performance management and talent assessment for the consumer credit & debit, commercial and prepaid products team in MENA
Develop the Products marketing plan and strategy
- Work with CEMEA Hub Product teams on co-ordination of Global Product plans and translation of Global Product goals and initiatives into MENA plans
- Ensure continued refinement of Product strategies as above in key markets. Enable buy-in with all stakeholders and effective local implementation.
- Ensure that a departmental marketing plan is developed and integrated into Sub-Regional marketing plans, taking into account local market and stakeholder needs and the competitive landscape.
- Ensure plans are built bottom-up and regularly reviewed, maintaining a flexibility and resilience to cater for local market dynamics.
- Ensure Product Operating plans and strategies are effectively communicated and understood by stakeholders; ‘advisors’, Sales management and senior management within MENA.
- Design compelling, differentiated and relevant product operating plans that leverage Visa’s system, IP, brand/ marketing programs and commercial assets to provide revenue growth
Initiate and oversee the conceptualization and implementation of enhancements to existing Products and development of new solutions in response to local market needs and opportunities (explicit, implicit and competitive offerings).
- Ensure a comprehensive plan and business case is developed covering all marketing aspects including product feature roadmap and positioning, entry and growth strategies, marketing mix, operating regulations, licensing, risk management before project initiation.
- Oversee the Product development and/or sourcing lifecycle process from requirements gathering, concept generation, profitability assessments, pilot partner and external vendor decisions to introduction and promotion of solution in market.
- Ensure service level standards for internal/ external service providers are negotiated and monitored.
- Manage all aspects of the pilot prototype and implementation process.
- Manage the business, technical, service and legal relationships and activities with and between pilot participants (banks, vendors, third parties) and incorporate learning into process until handover to Sales management.
- Drive the consumer products initiatives with key stakeholders across functional teams to develop and execute initiatives that are quantifiable and aligned with the corporate and customer’s strategic objectives
- Leads key projects and activities to deliver superior consumer products and services in markets
Oversee the on-going management of Products
- Manage the Product P&L and positioning during the entire lifecycle from the perspective of all stakeholders and make strategic recommendations.
- Ensure P&L goals are achieved, marketplace benchmarks relative to competitor pricing, capabilities and identification of development opportunities is maintained.
- Ensure input into design and implementation of marketing and promotional activities to enhance usage and activation.
- Ensure optimal allocation of marketing budget and work with central and local marketing communications and planning in the implementation of all ATL/ BTL activities to support the achievement of the departmental marketing plan on an on-going basis.
- Ensure annual reviews for assigned solutions (previous enhancements, YE volumes & revenues, revisions/ updates to the strategic direction and pricing) are conducted.
- Initiate and direct Visa operating regulation changes which may enhance the Product propositions and work with the Operating Regulations team in their implementation.
- Ensure information and insights on business development opportunities, best practices and product/ service requirements are shared with other regions
- Provide guidance to Visa Inc. central Product teams in the development of Products platforms on an as need basis.
- Manage planning, forecasting and financial reporting aspects for consumer core products in respective geographies
Oversee the MENA Products ‘Centre of Excellence’ by understanding market development trends, opportunities and threats
- Manage the identification, qualification and quantification of region-wide and market specific opportunities in close cooperation with local Sales management and understand critical factors to successful market development.
- Decide upon their viability, value and prioritisation within the overall marketing products strategy and planning for MENA COE segments and the achievement of Visa’s corporate objectives
- Work with Global ‘Centres of Excellence’ within the respective region to ensure their skills are fully utilised, as appropriate.
- Utilize industry, consumer purchasing behaviour, retail banking trend analysis and customer knowledge to seek out new business opportunities in market
Enable and facilitate best practice sharing between MENA and other Visa regions within CEMEA. Oversee the provisioning of education, Sales support and lead creation tools to Sales staff
- Ensure the development of Sales support collateral for use by internal Sales management and Product staff and the development of educational materials to assist external stakeholders in the implementation of best practices and profitability management.
- Develop Product models, benchmarks and frameworks to support Clients in the development of their business and generate ‘lead’ platforms for Sales management.
- Contribute to specialist Sales support and education across MENA for Products and ensure appropriate skills transfer to Sales management staff.
- Ensure adequate training of all Sales management staff in Product features and benefits.
- Represent Visa by speaking at conferences and business meetings and undertake media and public relations activities.
- Ensure Sales management is self-sufficient in the sales of existing solutions;
- Manage a team of product specialists that provide first class subject matter expertise to the sales team and Visa’s clients respective region for respective products
- Being a consumer products advocate, working with cross functional partners to ensure that consumer product considerations, programs and product pilots/ developments are top of mind across the business
Allocate and oversee management of the budget for Products
- Responsible for establishing and managing the budget (CAPEX, OPEX and marketing) requirements to achieve business objectives at both a region-wide and hub level.
- Direct and coordinate the implementation of the departmental plans within the constraints of the budget.
- Understands economic implications of Visa business strategy and manages budget, investment and product profitability to meet business objectives
Oversee the provision of consultancy to Client banks and other stakeholders
- Provide professional advice and consultancy to Client banks covering tactical and strategic products and marketing aspects for solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, Master’s degree preferred
- Advanced understanding of banking operations and payment card schemes and processes
- Subject matter expert in core products
- Retail banking/financial services sector or card acquiring business experience with demonstrated experience in product development
- At least 8 years progressive experience managing staff, products and services
- Develop strategies, product plans and programs that drive Visa’s competitive advantage and revenue growth in an effort to deliver the consumer core products revenue plan in geographies served
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in English
- Language skills in markets served preferred
- Data processing and analysis
- Financial management
- Project management
- Computer literate with PowerPoint, Excel, Word Outlook and internet skills
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills in an international / matrix management role.
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Strong analytical thinking skills (both quantitative and qualitative) with familiarity of strategic management concepts and consulting techniques
- Strong self-management skills including demonstrable drive and energy, highly motivated to succeed
- P&L management experience and focus on delivering strong financial results for stakeholders
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills are needed to influence direction and change attitudes and decisions of senior level international bankers
- Strong self-management skills including demonstrable drive and energy
- Customer-facing experience, Sales experience and proven negotiation & presentation skills
- Possession of strong knowledge and skills across a range of functions including strategy, marketing, operations, budgetary/accounting and administration (at a professional level)
- Strategic and innovative thinker capable of strong execution
- Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal Sales management, including the ability to work effectively within CEMEA, between regions and with Worldwide Staff
- Proven experience in a comparable role for a multinational company preferred
- Strong analytical, quantitative, commercial, project management and interpersonal skills
- Disciplined and tolerant of ambiguity, with the maturity and capability to interact and influence across multiple organizational levels internal and external to Visa.
- Negotiation skills with proven track record of achieving results
- Candidate must have the ability to travel frequently