This position exists to develop and lead large & medium multi-functional development activities; solve complex technical problems, write complex code for computer systems and serve as a senior source of expertise and technical leadership.
• Recommends technical strategy and direction in area(s) of expertise. Participates in development and evolution of architecture.
• Determines feasibility of customer requirements and designs solutions, builds and integrates the implementation.
• Proactively researches and monitors emerging technologies and advancements in the area of expertise; recommends innovative and effective solutions based on advanced research and analysis of findings.
• Builds new high level/advanced designs as required.
• Communicates technical information successfully with technical and non-technical audiences such as third party vendors, external customer technical departments, various levels of management and other relevant parties.
• Maintains an understanding of current industry trends through various sources such as webinars, vendor seminars training sessions, etc. Communicates and presents to recognized authority figures and proactively influences and educates members of technical and managerial staff on technology issues and recommendations.
• Develops plans and procedures and establishes guidelines for overall system improvement.
• Acts as a senior source of expertise and mentors less experienced staff on all aspects of multiple system environments, software and system operations.
• Leads medium and large technical development teams to successful implementation of quality code products.
• Coordinates and allocates work assignments effectively to technical staff as appropriate.
• Remains current on industry standards and advances within area of expertise.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical. Masters a plus
• 7+ years experience in full lifecycle development process including advanced design, development, testing and implementation of advanced and complexity systems.
• Ability to lead major technical project design, and engineering implementation.
• Ability to lead medium to large technical teams advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, management of multiple projects at the same time.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills to be able to communicate and present information to various parties including groups outside of Engineering with Product Management. Skill to communicate with external customers and various levels of management.
• Ability to conduct advanced research and work through highly complex problems successfully and reach optimal solutions.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of large complex systems within the functional area.
• Ability to effectively mentor and train various levels of technical staff.
• 7+ years Java
• 5+ years JEE (including EJB, XML, and JMS)
• 5+ years full life cycle development
• 7+ years designing and implementing Java applications
• Experience with Java Swing applications
• Familiarity with JBoss application server
• Experience with SQL and database (Oracle or MySQL)
• Understand OO principles
• Experience with client/server development.
• Good working knowledge in SOA architecture using Web Services and SOAP.
• Understanding of test driven development and unit testing frameworks like jUnit
• Experience with dependency injection principles and frameworks like Spring
• Some knowledge of at least one dynamic language like groovy, php or ruby
• Experience with Data transformation, XML, WSDL and SOAP
• Understanding of professional software development processes - Including familiarity with the cycles of requirements definition, issue tracking, version control, automated testing, deployment and maintenance.
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment