Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Secure the warehouse at all times and restrict access to non-authorized personnel.
- Receive materials into the warehouse stock and issue parts to departments as needed.
- Liaise with department heads in the preparation of materials requisitions for all parts and equipment – Focus on planning to minimize urgent orders – Forward approved requisitions.
- Maintain accurate records of received and outstanding requisitions, and cargo manifests.
- Maintain adequate stock levels of equipment spares and consumables so as to facilitate the continuous operation of the unit.
- Prepare periodic reports for the OIM, Rig manager and shore-based Materials Supervisor as required. Perform inventory cycle count and maintain the physical inventory in the warehouse.
- Review regularly obsolete and surplus parts and advise Rig Supervisors for follow up.
- Utilize the PSC IS to maintain an accurate inventory of all materials stored on the rig.
- Prepare manifest for all equipment dispatched from the rig either by sea or air.
- Check for discrepancies in materials received against delivery notes and outward manifest. Issue Procurement Incident Report for incorrect items.
- Assist department heads in establishing a realistic minimum/maximum warehouse stock of all shut down or critical items.
- Provides Fixed Asset Register information to department heads.
- Ensure all hazardous and non-hazardous wastes are correctly labeled and packaged prior to shipment ashore.
- Review requested freight methods with department heads to minimize unnecessary excessive freight costs.
- Pro-active approach, improving description of parts and making efforts to simplify processes.
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure familiarity with PSC processes.
- Promote and maintan an effective working relationship and communication with other departments, shore base materials department, 3rd party personnel and Client representatives.