The Windows business organization at Microsoft is looking for an experienced Area Product Marketing Manager (PMM) in MEA Headquarters. This position drives the Commercial Windows business in Middle East and Africa.
Windows Commercial Product Marketing Manager is accountable for the area revenue, scorecard, and market share of Windows in Middle East and Africa for Windows commercial business. This dynamic position requires a strong understanding of the Windows product set and a deep understanding of customer solutions and strategies.
The PMM is the leader, spokesperson and voice of the products they represent within the Area. The role requires the ability to articulate the local competitive landscape and develop local compete strategies and product differentiation by leveraging corporate and local research, partner insights and customer feedback. This competitive knowledge and product expertise will help drive business and marketing planning.
The Product Marketing Manager understands, orchestrates, and influences customer campaigns and marketing activities and delivers product, solutions and customer campaign feedback to the business. An essential aspect of the role is to align the content, timing and delivery of marketing messages and outreach to Microsoft’s customers and partners. The PMM must develop strong partnerships with stakeholders to lead and execute the fiscal year local priorities, minimizing ad-hoc and un-integrated customer and partner outreach.
Core Area PMM Responsibilities:
- Business and Monetization - define, evolve and achieve ambitious growth goals and plans for your products. Drive changes in the business model, based on business issues and market dynamics.
- Marketing Planning -own the execution strategy for your product area as defined by business plans, segment alignment and evangelism.
- Competitive Positioning and Response - monitor your competitors within your geography and ensure that competitive plans, response strategies and contingencies are the foundation of the overall subsidiary compete plans.
- Orchestration & Influence - work closely with segment teams to ensure segment plans contain the right focus on opportunities, benefits and the value proposition of your product/solution areas. You are also responsible for providing input to program management during the product planning process, based on segment audience insights.
- Product Advocacy - use your in-depth product expertise to localize, translate, deliver and evangelize core marketing content to clearly articulate value propositions to key influentials.
- Positioning, Messaging & Storytelling - land and localize the positioning and messaging frameworks for your business line, promoting Microsoft’s overall strategy and direction to target audiences.
- 5-8 years of product marketing experience
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills
- Advanced conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, planning and organizational abilities
- Detailed knowledge of Device market, competition, licensing model, business model & IT environment in commercial
Candidate Profile (Core & Common for Product Marketing Manager):
Experience: 3 - 5 years of related experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. /B.A.)
Field of Study (if applicable): Marketing, Business, Computer Science
- Drive for Results: Develops and communicates realistic performance goals and standards. Builds plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate and long-term consequences. Solicits and acts on feedback about his or her own performance.
- Collaboration: Removes barriers by working with others around a shared need or customer benefit. Able to maintain a broader perspective, and identifies and evaluates opportunities to enhance the business through cross-group collaboration. Incorporates diverse perspectives to thoroughly address complex business issues.
- Influencing for Impact: Acts as a trusted resource and advisor to a wide network of colleagues with diverse personalities. Creates influence strategies that cross organizational boundaries to achieve broad business goals. Anticipates issues or implications that his or her ideas would have on others, and pursues mutually beneficial strategies.
- Adapatibility: Actively seeks information and tests assumptions. Shifts his or her approach in response to the demands of a changing situation. Demonstrates resilience, and maintains a constructive attitude in times of change.
- Judgement: Leads others in scoping problems by identifying key issues, inputs, stakeholders, and outcomes. Applies a broad functional knowledge base to solve problems. Makes important business decisions with confidence and persuades others.
- Customer Focus: Gathers customer impressions of products and services and integrates this feedback into decision making. Seeks information about the underlying needs of customers. Allocates and aligns resources to optimize the customer experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Technically adept
- Product and customer focused
- Understand product advocacy and evangelism
- Core marketing experience (positioning and messaging)
- Being a conduit between technology and the business with the voice of customer in mind
Product Marketing Manager (Windows):
Partner/Segment: M&O Project/Product: Windows Commercial
Reports To: BG Lead
Intent & Activity
M&O MKTWin - Commercial
- Manage and execute local programs managed by Corp
- Drive Windows revenue (EPG/PS/SMB), Deployment, Tablet Wins and Pro Attach in Commercial
- Drive deployment through partnership with EPG and CA
- Partner with account teams to produce customer evidence
- Partner with Microsoft Consulting Services and Partner Group to create Post Sales and Deployment Capacity to deliver sustainable value to Commercial Customers.
- Assist with building partner capacity for Windows deployment through partnership with Corp Windows BG and Partner organizations
- Drive Pro, Local, and Total Attach
- Support commercial sales through product expertise and evangelism (e.g., customer presentations)
- Point person for tablet compete in commercial