Site Operations is accountable for field deployment and operation of Microsoft IT services in the field. This function ensures consistent and systematic delivery of applications and infrastructure programs and projects in the field, which support the Microsoft businesses internationally, and promote Microsoft technologies through experience and best practice sharing during IT Showcase sessions with external customers.
The Site Operations teams are the local IT presence in the field delivering the foundation services that keep the Field connected.
• We represent the last mile in deploying and operating the IT facilities to our customers in Subsidiaries, R&D Centers and Regional Operating Centers around the world
• We work with Corporate IT teams and Field IT business relationship managers to prioritize and plan the infrastructure and services roadmap for all Field locations
• We deliver targeted Work Smart education to enable the Field population to access the productivity available from our products and services
• We deliver high-impact customer engagements to support the Field in driving revenue, market share and CPE
The role will be based in Lagos - Nigeria and will manage the Microsoft sites in West East Central Africa (WECA). The core areas of focus are:
• Working with the Area IT Manager to define IT improvements within the sites and deliver these improvements in line with regional commitments and business requirements. Operational Excellence is key requirement for our delivery of our IT Infrastructure Services.
• Drive accuracy and provide input into the forecasting process of Site Operations IT Management (+/-3% for IT Push quarterly forecast)
• Ensure to meet IT Push budget for IT Management team in EMEA.
• Drive IT Discretionary budget planning process for Microsoft WECA in collaboration with the respective groups in IT and local Finance teams across the EMEA’s region/globe
• Support other EMEA’s/region IT Managers in managing outages that are not solved using normal escalation processes as well for regional wide outages
• Drive IT Management process optimization cross areas and align with peer IT Manager
• Ensure the submission of a monthly/quarterly IT communications to the business with high quality and relevant content around IT
• Ensure to provide quality communication to clients in the subsidiary
• Manage demand and effective prioritization to optimize the use of the IT Management workforce via resource and capacity management
• Drive adoption of new and improved services deployed in the Field through the provision of IT Readiness sessions to increase productivity of the users
• Formally engage with Business Relationship Manager to support account planning and deliver against conditions of satisfaction.
• Promote evolution of IT services to internal and external stakeholders.
• Communication with Service Management to evolve services and address issues.
• Partner with the members of the IT Service Management function, Facility, Finance, Security to drive excellence in delivery and communications.
Strengthen Business Partnership
• Formally engage with Business Relationship Manager (BRM) on Condition of Satisfaction (CoS) to identify IT Management components and implement action plan for IT Management
• Jointly review with BRM business partner surveys (BPS) and customer satisfaction scores by country and develop action plan to address issue areas
Lead with Innovation Thinking
• Support all Corporate IT Dog food (beta testing during product development cycle) activities through local communication, readiness activities and feedback to Corporate IT
• Ensure to analyze the requirements of the area/countries and sites on driving innovation closely collaborating with Corporate IT groups
• Develop in collaboration with your peers, innovative ways to adoption and deployment, creating scenarios/case studies and anticipating/modeling how IT may be managed in the future.
Support IT Customer Connection program (ITCC)
• Support commercial engagements by providing competitive advantage through the IT Customer Connection program.
• Support commercial engagements by providing competitive advantage through the ITCC program
• Promote Microsoft technologies through experience and best practice sharing during IT Showcase sessions with external customers
• Hitting the ITCC Showcase and CIO event targets and evangelizing and growing the impact of ITCC
• Engaging with internal Showcase clients to ensure awareness regarding the ITCC services available.
Work with the Area IT Manager to identify productivity challenges onsite and develop and execute readiness plans to meet required targets and increase user productivity
• Minimum 5 years of experience in End User Support and IT Management
• Minimum 3 years IT Operations Management for a multi-site / multi-country organization