The SSPE Lead Field Service Engineer will be in charge of pre-defined operation, installation, maintenance, testing, adjustment; troubleshooting proactive support and representation and technical assistance based on good engineering, manufacturing, installation and operation practices as applicable to upstream oil exploration/production equipment and in accordance with contractual work scope requirements
- Operation, Installation, maintenance, commissioning, health check and trouble shooting of Subsea Production System) in accordance with the company’s recommended procedures, methods & guides
- Demonstrated competence L2 in operation, offshore deployment, troubleshooting and testing of the following equipment’s, (THS, Conventional & Horizontal XT, EDP/LPR, TDT, WITS and other SSPE & SSWE equipment)
- Demonstrate supervisory, leadership and mentorship acumen, with problem solving and analytical mind-set.
- Comprehensive job pre-planning including all logistics, tooling, Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS), & technical work scopes applicable to assignment.
- Use of company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of materials, drawings, prior job reports etc.
- Proactive interface between all functions of the company and our customers concerning technical, operational & EHS challenges as applicable to any Field assignment
- Performing Coaching of entry level FSE’s; asses their technical competences and make appropriate recommendations
- Carrying out root cause analysis on incidents and present report-out.
- Analyzing or contributing to analysis and update of operating service procedures (OSP’s) and other supporting technical documentation.
- Timely completion of all post job and administrative duties including but not limited to customer and service reports, timesheets, job debriefs and tooling tracking.
- Safe & compliant performance of all activities in line with the company’s and our customer’s environmental health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures
- Maintaining a strong customer relationship through a positive, proactive & professional approach
- Working on rotation of 28/28 or 42/14 or adhoc, with tendency to extended work shifts if required
- Tracking and ordering spares as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited Nigerian university
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 3 to 5 years Offshore experience preferably with tree & wellhead company
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
- Participated in pre-job preparation efforts and briefs and conducted post-job debrief.
- Able to interface at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Safety & Integrity Role Model with demonstrated ability to positively influence others
- Recognized and sought after for having a high level of competence in assigned Product Line(s).
- Ability to analyze and update Operating Service Procedure (OSP’s) and other supporting technical documentation
- Able to carry out route cause analysis on incidents and present report-outs
- Demonstrated consistency in use of Wels/Epims/Pre-Job Planning or similar
- Perform coaching of entry and professional level FSE’s asses their technical competence and make appropriate recommendations
- Flawless Integrity & Safety Record
- Ability to analyze and update Operating Service procedure (OSP’s) and other supporting technical documentation