The SC Officer will support effective implementation of Stabilization Care elements of ACF’s CMAM program objectives in Jigawa State, primarily through building capacity and supportive supervision of SMoH counterparts and acting as liaison between ACF’s Nutrition Program leaders and SCs.
• To assess, train, supervise and monitor the inpatient component of CMAM in collaboration with Hospital and SMoH authorities as well as oversee quality of consultations for outpatient care
• To strengthen links and coordination between departments and authorities (partners, LGAs, SMOH and Hospital)
• To Support State Technical Advisor in reporting
• To assist with logistics and other program relevant activities
• Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing and /or Medical Doctor with Primary health care Major or Nursing degree with solid inpatient nutrition experience.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in inpatient nutritional treatment essential and one year experience in CMAM approach.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong coaching/mentoring skills, able to train and build capacity in others
• Experience in reporting; written English skills essential
• Solid general management, teamwork spirit, community participation approach
• Fluency in English and Hausa
• Able to network effectively with local representatives of international aid organizations for exchange of information
• High level of self-discipline, time management, organization, self-motivated and able to work with little day to day supervisions but meet deadlines and program objectives
• Transparency and adherence to medical codes of conduct and patient, confidentiality and child protection
• Commitment to ACF values and principles
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context
• Proficient in Local Languages of Fulani and Kanuri
• Trained in adult education/learning and effective training techniques.