Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
We are seeking a full-time Staff Accountant in a very fast paced, energetic and creative environment. We are looking for candidate with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, sense of urgency, and a desire to build a long-term career with us. The Staff Accountant will be highly organized and detail-oriented with outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities. It is also important to be able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal oversight while also functioning well in a team environment.
• All facets of accounts payables
• Developing, maintaining and tracking vendor contracts
• Being the go-to person for computer issues/phones/office machines and serve as the liaison to our IT engineer and account rep
• Other duties as assigned
The Staff Accountant will also be cross-trained in accounts receivables, maintaining and reconciling program budgets, and processing and reconciling registration/sponsorship fees.
Qualified candidates will:
• Have 1-3 years “hands-on" relevant accounting experience
• Have a consistently high level attention to detail and sense of urgency with all they do
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal direction
• Effective analytical and problem solving skills required
• Demonstrate success in maintaining and recording business transactions to include all facets of posting, verifying and reconciling accounts payables and accounts receivables
• Be familiar with and knowledgeable about computers/servers
• Have a strong level of comfort developing and cross-checking contracts
• Be self-motivated and work independently with a keen sense of attention to detail
• Have the ability to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible, open minded, trainable and adaptable to change in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and use sound judgment when dealing with sensitive, confidential information
• Be proficient in MS Office – Excel, Word, and Outlook; Great Plains experience and project accounting is a plus
Qualifications: Minimum of Diploma or OND, HND/B.Sc.in Accounting, Banking & Finance, or similar field. An additional qualification will be an added advantage
Mode of Application: Interested candidate should forward CV to doncolconsult(at)gmail(dot)com
Minimum of Diploma or OND, HND/B.Sc.in Accounting, Banking & Finance, or similar field. An additional qualification will be an added advantage