- Location , Abia, Abuja, Adamawa, Akwa ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Ebonyi, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Nassarawa, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto.
As a staff writer, you will be part of an excellent team that will be responsible for identifying and covering breaking news and African affairs from a research-driven, thought-provoking perspective for our online news platform:
- Gather information about newsworthy events through research, interviews, experience, or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social, or other functions
- Check reference materials, such as books, news files, or public records, to obtain relevant facts
- Arrange interviews with people who can provide information about a story
- Investigate breaking news developments, such as disasters, crimes, or human-interest stories
- Write and edit news stories and features per Face2FaceAfrica.com writer’s guideline
- Review and evaluate notes taken about news events to isolate pertinent facts and details
- Develop ideas or material for columns or commentaries by analyzing and interpreting news, current issues, or personal experiences
- Write reviews of literary, musical, or other artwork, based on knowledge, judgment, or experience
- Receive assignments or evaluate leads or tips to develop story ideas
- Ensure work is well-written, accurate and submitted to deadline
- Suggest images to accompany written pieces
- Meet with colleagues to plan the daily content and the character of the publication
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals who are credible sources of information.
- Keep up to date with trends and developments relating to the platform’s subject matter
- Revise work to meet editorial approval or to fit time or space requirements
- Discuss issues with editors to establish priorities or positions.