Marie Stopes International Organization Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated non-Governmental organisation Social Enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to meet the needs of the underserved, and dramatically improve access to high quality family planning and other reproductive health services in Nigeria, MSION is member of Marie Stopes International's Global Partnership, which operates in over 42 countries worldwide,
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
- Results orientation
- Commitment to personal development
To further MSI's partnership mission of: empowering individuals to have children by choice not chance
Marie Stopes International Organization Nigeria (MSION) is seeking the services of result orientated, competent, clinicians and service delivery focused individuals to implement a new USAID funded Family Health plus Project (FH+), which aims at building the capacity of public sector providers to provide long acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs) using a competency based approach which includes didactic training, coaching, supportive supervision and mentoring, Furthermore, FH+ will strengthen the overall health system and empower users to demand quality FP and improve their access to long-acting family planning in 20 States in Nigeria
Reporting To: Regional Team Leader (RTL)
Duration of Contract: 2 years
Probationary Period: 6 months
- Working with and reporting to the RTL for the State Clinical Trainer (SCT) will be responsible for conducting mapping, facility audit, selection, trainings, undertaking mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision of trainees, distribution of equipment and FP commodities, ensuring adherence to FMoH and MSION quality standards.
- Implement MSION Competency Based Training, Coaching and Mentoring policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals.
- Conduct mapping and facility audit of facilities recruiting them into project.
- Oversee training; prepare both physical and financial report following completion of the trainings etc.
- Ensure the availability of documentation, reporting, referral formats, guidelines, manuals and job aids used by facilities in adequate quantity and track referral linkages of service utilization;
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly performance reports on training and quality assessment activities in assigned states;
- Support development and maintenance of excellent relationships with government (SMoH), partners and other public institutions in the state with a view to strengthening MSION's impact and future funding opportunities at field level.
- Liaise with service delivery (Outreach, Clinic), sales and social franchise teams and other partners to ensure projects are integrated at all levels.
- Ensure strong links between communication and community mobilization activities at the systems level.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Diploma or degree in clinical nursing or midwifery or RNIRM
- 3-5 years' experience in FP service delivery; designing, managing clinical trainings in resource poor settings,
- Experience of DfiD, USAID, Gates funded projects, including working in a diverse team environment preferred
- Technical Expertise in long acting reversible contraception (LARCs) specifically IUD and Implants insertion and removal
- Familiarity with the different cultural, social and religious identities in Nigeria, international health, development issues and the international donor community
- Familiarity/Experience with geography of the intervention states is desired,
- Experience of working with private healthcare sector operators is desirable:
- Willingness to frequently travel to project implementation sites
- Ability to drive a manual gear Toyota Hillux will be an added advantage