- The State Manager reports to the Project coordinator at the head office and takes overall responsibility at the Implementation State for implementing and evaluating project services with government departments, NGOs and community level counterparts providing supervision and leading the team in the state.
- S/he focuses on developing local projects and initiatives for participation in planning and implementation processes.
- S/he will provide linkages between community and health facilities and ensure that quality HIV/AIDs services are provided.
- S/he will take the technical lead for comprehensive HIV service provision including ART (adult and pediatric) and will be assisted by the Clinical Services officer (in Sokoto state).
- Manage and supervise the GF project state staff in the identification of all project activities required to achieve the expected outputs according to the work plan and in line with Global Fund policy and the National guidelines
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
- Provide technical support and coordination for the implementation of comprehensive HIV services and M&E activities in the sites and state office to ensure program targets are met
- Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to, meeting with project staff on a regular basis to discuss issues, track work progress, provide guidance and support, and ensure consistent quality of work; conducting performance reviews
- Perform site visits and assessments of treatment facilities to assess, initiate, and enhance adult and pediatric care and treatment services.
- Ensure linkages of ART with PMTCT, TB, SRH and HTC programs to ensure identification of HIV in all populations and ensure follow-up of HIV + adults and HIV-exposed infants.
- Support the identification of early infant diagnostic testing initiatives, HIV-exposed and infected children including pediatric testing programs, pediatric HIV testing in adult clinics, linkages with VC, etc.
- Develop bi-monthly reports for submission to head office
- Medical Degree. MPH would be an added advantage
- Registration with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- At least knowledge of and 5 years' experience working on a comprehensive HIV/AIDS project (HIV care and treatment)
- Must have previous work experience working in a multidisciplinary team
- Analytical and research skills
- Good command over report writing in English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office
- Ability to speak the local language.