The State Manager/Technical Officer leads the implementation of a comprehensive PEPFAR program at the Akure and Ekiti State offices in collaboration with the project leadership, Lagos Head Office and field based teams.
He/she will support efforts to ensure the delivery of high quality HIV prevention, care and treatment for clients on the ACTION Plus Up project.
- The State Manager/ Senior Technical Officer will provide overall leadership in the delivery of High Quality Prevention, Care and Treatment Services to People Living With HIV in Ondo and Ekiti State on the PEPFAR ACTION Plus Up Project.
- Oversee and contribute to the development of knowledge sharing activities including best practices, abstracts, technical publications or reports, Foster knowledge sharing and learning among state office teams.
- Work closely with the Heads Department to ensure regular monitoring and progression towards attainment of Key Performance Indicators for you and your team members.
- Work with your team to ensure they are aware of and complying with the policies and procedures of the organisation at all times.
- Work closely with your team to ensure they are equipped and able to successfully deliver on all EHAI programs.
- Work to develop a strong, supportive and positive team environment.
- Proactively manage the performance of your team and actively undertake performance management objectives as soon as any potential issues are identified in order to maintain high performance and positive culture of your team.
- Maintain open, honest and positive communication channels between your team and your direct line(s) of reporting.
- Undertake tactical analysis of issues pertaining to the organisation/operations in your region and come up with appropriate intervention plans.
- Research and maintain awareness of key stakeholder representatives in your region (including government, business, industry and community)
- Prepare and maintain Annual, quarterly and monthly operational plans for your region in conjunction with the Management Team of the Organization.
- Provide regular report to the CEO and management team as agreed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in Leadership with demonstrable excellent Leadership skills
- Excellent and detailed working knowledge of HIV prevention care and treatment program in Nigeria
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/ national-level strategic knowledge management implementation for health program initiatives.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, Access etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 50% of the time.