Job Vacancy at Association For Reproductive And Family Health (ARFH)
- Administration & Office Support
- Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Required Experience
- 1 - 3 years
- Employment Type
- Male or Female
- The Program Associates will assist in programming activities regarding Household economic strengthening and establishing public private partnership in support of the project, working in consonant with the State Program Coordinator/Officers (SPC/Officers) to assist the CBOs and also engage with government, community leaders, other donors and the private sectors.
- Assist in Household Economic Strengthening activities in community level in line with the project proposal and implementation plan.
- Liaise with private sector actors, local government officials, local NGOs and civil society organization, local religious leaders and other notables to ensure support for and acceptance of ARFH's programs.
- Maintain close working relationships with humanitarian and development organizations, and local partners (banks, training institutes, insurance companies and micro-finance institutions), including representing ARFH at locaI coordination meeting as assigned.
- Fashion out market oriented strategies to ensure sustainability of livehood gains, including: private sector demand-driven job creation, enterprise development, financial education, value chain linkages and appropriate savings, VSLA, credit & insurance services for various age groups.
- Identify appropriate partners and foster appropriate linkages with private sector organization for funding.
- Assist households to implement activities that have long-term viability to empower them to take care of the needs ot their wards and children.
- Provide support to stakeholders at State, LGA and CBO levels to develop state specific work plans on Household Economic Strengthening.
- Strengthen technical capacity of CBOs, LGAs and SMWASD on Household Economic Strengthening strategies.
- Assist in coordinating and provide direct oversight to project activities to ensure successful implementation of Household Economic Strengthening strategies.
- Ensure adherence to all donor requirements in programme, activities and reports
- Provide timely update on grant work plan progress.
- Participate in project review meetings, project monitoring, reporting and documentation
Lagos, Port Harcourt & Uyo
- A Degree in Economics, Social Sciences with at least 2 years post National Youth Service experience, which must include at least 2 years in Household Economic Strengthening of OVC programming, health, education and sub granting. Also, preferred are knowledge of health programs with the Nigeria public sector, health system, NGOs/CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders.
- An MPH is an added advantage. Familiarity with local tradition and language is highly desirable.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone number of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.