Overall Job Function
- The State Program Manager will manage and provide technical guidance to the stale implementation team on HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs.
- He/she will supervise a tears of multi-disciplinary professionals providing technical assistance and support to facilities implementing HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs. He/she wilt sexist with individual and site work planning, regional strategic planning, end reporting to donors.
- The position will faster productive working relationships between our organization and partner organizations while maintaining an excellent working relationship with counterparts at State and Local levels, USG implementing partners, and local institutions. The State Program Manager will represent the organization effectively and productively in engagements with stakeholders within the state especially key state government officials
- The incumbent directs and supervises all program resources for the performance of project assignments and activities. He/she wilt manage the technical direction of the protect through the design, implementation, and monitoring in accordance with project objectives.
- The position is also responsible for acquiring follow-on business associated with assigned projects and for supporting new business development by leading relatively small proposals or assisting with major proposals.
- The position directs the work of employees assigned to the program/project and oversees a//projects and tasks assigned to tire program specialists ensuring that all work is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of quality technical outputs, management of sub contracts, ensuring strong relationship with partners and other key stakeholder.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- With technical assistance from corporate/country office staff, provide programmatic/technical assistance to all local partners in the design, implementation, modification, monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Promoting multi-disciplinary ways of working and ensuring technical products are developed with provision of cross-sectoral inputs by the relevant experts
- Coordinating all new TA requests from partner sites and facilities and tracking their progress;
- Provides thought leadership to project analyses and process improvement activities and communicates effectively with a wide sanely of technical and non-technical audiences, Devise and lead innovative program communications strategies for dissemination of information on ECEWS activities to key stakeholders of dare in the donor community, the private sector in their regions
- Proactively disseminating all program activities and products to stakeholders, including coordination of contributions to publications, updating of the web site and dissemination of technical products produced by ECEWS
- Meeting regularly with key government and private sector stakeholders to update and appraise at work plan progress, identity any key constraints to work plan progress and agree corrective actress
- Any other responsibilities as assigned.
- Medical Doctor with at least five years’ experience in HIV/AIDS/TB case, treatment and prevention: MPH a plus; post graduate training in Internal Medicine/Paediatrics/OBGYN an advantage.
- Minimum of five years’ experience designing and implementing HIV/AIDS/TB programs, facility and community-based
- Significant experience in health delivery, HIV/AIDS prevention care and treatment in resource limited settings
- Experience coordinating with Ministries of Health, other donors, NGOs and USAID
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity and knowledge of public administration systems
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with data base management programme and commonly used packages.