Job Vacancy at Association For Reproductive And Family Health (ARFH)
- Program Development
- Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Required Experience
- 3 - 5 years
- Employment Type
- Male or Female
- Responsible for direct management and coordination of all project activities in the state, in line with the project proposal and implementation plan.
- Ensures that all project activities in project states meet effective programming standards and best practices established by ARFH, USAID PEPFAR and the Nigerian Government especially the Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
- Provide support to stakeholders at State, LGA and CBO levels to develop state specific workplans to address identified needs of OVC
- Carry out advocacy to integrate budget for OVC activities into state and LGA annual budget
- Strengthen technical capacity of CBOs, LGAs and SMWASD in OVC programming, service provisions and governance.
- Coordinate state project activities to ensure successful implementation of family centered and community based approach
- Provide supportive supervision, mentoring and coaching for OVC desk officers, M & E officers, and LGA social welfare officers.
- Provide technical leadership for need assessments and design activities to ensure implementation of innovative approaches including mainstreaming of PMTCT into OVC activities.
- Represent the organization at meetings with government agencies, other implementing partners, service providers LGA OVC Technical Working group and State OVC Steering Committee meetings etc
- Support community level committees on child protection activities
- Ensure adherence to all donor requirements in programme, activities and reports
- Provide timely update on grant work plan progress
- Participate in project review meetings project monitoring reporting and documentation
Locations: Port Harcourt and Uyo
- A Degree in Medical Field, Social Sciences with at least 4 years post National Youth Service experience which must include at least 2 years in OVC programming, health, education and sub granting.
- Also, preferred are knowledge of health programs with the Nigeria public sector health system NGOs/CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders.
- An MPH is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with local tradition and language is highly desirable.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone number of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.