To assist the Back of the House Manager in the daily operation of the Stewarding department.
- Maintaining equipment par stocks of individual outlets and revising if necessary in accordance with the current business requirements.
- Tracking and monitoring all requisitions of equipment and crockery ensuring that all issued items are returned.
- Ensuring that all reports, schedules, and correspondence are completed in liaison with the Back of House Manager in an accurate and punctual manner.
- Coordinating with the Supervisor and Assistant Manager for the timely submission of reports, documents and other relevant information as required by the Department / Hotel.
- Following up and tracking all raised Purchase Orders to be delivered on time.
- Conducting inventory of fixed assets in Stewarding Storeroom in a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- To be the first point of reference for workload distribution, performance appraisals and task delegation.
- Assessing and providing adequate training for all colleagues to enable them to perform their roles.
- Establishing appropriate communication processes within the Stewarding Office and other departments.
- Ensuring proper requisitioning and controlling of Stewarding cleaning and chemical supplies.
- Updating and maintaining the Standard Operating Procedures and other Stewarding related forms as per Jumeirah Standards.
- To be aware and taking action when needed on cost saving measures related to the Department.
- Maintaining courteous and friendly atmosphere and good working relationships with all colleagues.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- Liaising with the Culinary Department in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridges.
- Providing assistance to food preparation department heads in all matters pertaining to equipment preparations.
- Assisting in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
- Providing continuous training to subordinates in order to achieve departmental objectives.
- Following up on programs and policies to insure compliance with prescribed methods and standards.
You should be a colleague graduate and should have a minimum of three years working experience as a Stewarding Manager or an Assistant Stewarding Manager in a five star hotel.
You should also have good leadership skills and can work with a culturally diverse team.
It is essential that you have good command of the English language, both spoken and written. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is also required.