- Storage Sales specialist professionals are responsible for selling IBM offerings (services, and industry solutions) directly to customers in their Industry segment.
- The Storage Sales Specialist works independently or is the leader of a team of sales specialists, providing advice and guidance to other sales specialists. Applicants having comprehensive knowledge of the specialty's offerings and is responsible for the success of those offerings within the business unit.
- This professional typically leads large and/or complex opportunities, where customers are national or otherwise significant, and is responsible for winning the business.
- As a result, the individual should have significant experience in ensuring that multiple areas of the services business (as well as other divisions within the company) including support functions, work cohesively in ensuring that the needs of the customer are met.
- The ability to build significant internal support network is critical to the success of this role.
- Applicants having in-depth sales, business and professional skills to work with any level of customer management. With a perspective beyond the assigned territory, this professional provides input to sales objectives and strategies for the business unit.
- Negotiates with team members to define approaches and goals, especially as it relates to designing solutions to meet customer needs or defining sales action plans. Facilitates teams, where members represent a diverse set of business interests or objectives.
- Effectively negotiates with multiple levels of customer management, resulting in successful closing of the sale.
- Designs total integrated solutions considering hardware, software and services as well as Third Party offerings, including offerings from other specialties/Brands, to meet complex customer business requirements.
- Combines solutions with terms and conditions to create a final customer proposal. Ensures that the proposal delivered to the customer provides a workable solution and satisfies IBM internal Policies, Processes and Procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years experience in Information Technology
- English: Fluent
- Master's Degree
- At least 8 years experience in Information Technology.