The role of the Store Supervisor is to manage the day to day activities in the store related to administration, customer service, people and cash flow management in order to achieve the organization’s goals and targets.
1. Responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the store to ensure that the store runs smoothly.
2. Ensure that the store is clean, arranged and ready for business at the beginning of every business day.
3. Assign Store Staff to handle various responsibilities on a daily basis.
4. Responsible for escalating any equipment damages to the Head Office for prompt replacement.
5. Manage store staff including Greeters, Section Managers, Till Personnel and Sales Associates.
6. Responsible to brainstorm with store staff and devise strategies to meet the monthly sales targets; support, motivate and provide direction to the store staff.
7. Responsible to ensure that customer’s complaints and requests are promptly attended to and resolved in a timely manner.
8. Communicate with customers via phone calls and emails on the issues that concern the customer.
9. Responsible to ensure that all the processes are adhered to by the store staff.
10. Responsible to train staff and carry out regular knowledge sharing sessions to ensure that the store staff possess relevant product knowledge to understand the customer’s wants and needs; and close sales effectively.
11. Responsible for signing off on merchandise received from or sent to the warehouse.
12. Responsible for the inventory management in the store and ensure that they are properly handled and maintained to prevent loss and damages.
13. Supervise and ensure that the proper merchandising of items is done in the store according to the organization’s standard.
14. Responsible to ensure that the IT related systems are working perfectly and escalating to the IT Support Centre immediately any challenges are experienced for prompt rectification.
15. Analysis of weekly and monthly sales for management purchasing decisions.
16. Responsible for maintaining safety standards in the stores at all times and ensuring that all store staff adhere to the standards.
17. Responsible for cash management processes in the store.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum of B.SC/ HND in Business Administration, Marketing or other Social Sciences related courses
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills
- Must have PC skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have customer service skills
- Ability to use initiative and take responsibility
- Must be able to lead and achieve results though others.