• Receipt of goods from the supplier/delivery agent (Local
• Coordinate the offloading of goods from trucks and
• Ensure all offloading are done according to lay down
rules and regulations of the company as regards safety.
• Identifying, labeling, and tagging of all received goods
(Local and Offshore).
• Preparation and sending of daily received items reports
on excels to user department on daily basis.
• Ensure confirmation of all items received is done within
48 working hours.
• Adequate follow up on items ready for confirmation if
not confirmed with 48hrs through phone calls and Gmail . Posting of all goods received into JD Edward system after
confirmation by user in a timely manner.
• Posting of contract services orders into JD Edward for
• Transfer of confirmed and properly coded items received
to the Physical and Logistics section for stacking.
• Report back to Purchasing department any goods
delivered or supplied not to specification or rejected by
user or over supplied.
• Receive and process Suppliers’ invoices for goods and
services supplied to the account department for payment
• Keep/file records of all documents as appropriate.
• Ensure update on offshore items received on daily bases
is given to purchasing.
• Attend to enquires from Suppliers, contractors etc.
• Preparation and compilation of month end Goods
• Participate in the end of the year stock taking exercise.
• Ensure all safety rules and regulations are obeyed by the
suppliers and contractors alike in the store.
• Preparation and circulation of daily Fuel and cement bag
• Departmental Safety Correspondent: Responsible for
keeping of safety records and information.
• Departmental ISO 9001:2008 Representative/Auditor.
• Coordinate the activities of the Weighbridge Office i.e.
weigh-in and weigh-out of consignments (Non-cement
• Attend and participate in materials receipts reconciliation
• Prepare reports and dispatch to relevant quarters documents (weighbridge tickets)
• Ensure report on detailed daily receipt items is updated.
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to
• Be familiar with engineering items, production items and
• Be computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft
• Possess good analytical and reporting skills.
• Stock and supplying (handling) management.
• Good knowledge about Health & Hazards storage rules &
• Stock management techniques e.g. calculation of stock
• Techniques of stacking spare parts in proper conditions.
• Computerized systems (especially JD Edwards or similar).
• Knowledge of basic statistics (random sampling analysis,
statistical laws as normal).
• Knowledge of technical spares (mechanical, electrical
and instrumentation especially for cement plants)
• Solution Oriented
• Effective Influencing skills
• Strategic Thinking skills
• Planning & Implementation
• Must be pro-active