Store keeper is the important person for the store. He is in charge of the store department and also responsible for store control. He must be a skilled person and takes care of the store. He keeps a watch full eye on the movement of the materials with a view to control the materials in the store. He is known as chief-store keeper or store superintendent.
A store keeper should have technical knowledge and experience in the maintenance of the store. He should have organizing ability and undoubted integrity.
- To exercise general control over all activities in Stores Department
- To ensure safe keeping both as to quality and quantity of materials.
- To maintain proper records.
- To initiate purchase requisition for the replacement of stock of all regular stores items whenever the stock level of any item of store approaches the minimum limit fixed in respect thereof.
- To initiate action for stoppage of further purchasing when the stock level approaches the maximum limit.
- To check and receive purchased materials forwarded by the receiving department and to arrange for the storage in appropriate places.
- To reserve a particular material for a specific job when so required.
- To issue materials only in required quantities against authorized requisition notes/material lists.
- To check the book balances, with the actual physical stock at frequent intervals by way of internal control over wrong issues, pilfer age, etc.
- The store keeper must be coordinate and supervise the duty of the staff under his control. As he is the head of the store department, he manages the entire department.
Interested candidates should forward their CV to the email address; email@example.com, using the job title as a subject of the mail.