Every day, around the world, people reach for Unilever products. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we've grown into one of the world's most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 150 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Look in your fridge, or on the bathroom shelf, and you’re bound to see one of our well-known brands. We create, market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh.
Our Corporate Strategy aims to double the size of our business while reducing our impact on the environment by 2020. As a result, in the months and years to come, we envisage many opportunities for our staff to progress and gain vital experience. It’s never been such an exciting time to join the Unilever team.
We are currently looking for a Storekeeper for our Gulf business. This role will be office based and requires candidates with specific sales analysis knowledge and preferably FMCG industry experience.
Main purpose of the role
- To maintain highest quality standards, ensure safe working practice and care for environment through total compliance with the guidelines set up in Company Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment.
- Controlling inventory in Engineering store to within set guidelines via SAP
- Coordinate with in supplier’s purchase of spare parts achieving quality, reliability at optimum cost.
- Ensure that all spare parts are duty exempt by ensuring applications are coordinated with the imports
- TPM / 5S’s implementation and maintenance in Engineering store.
- Controlling inventory in the Engineering Stores to within set guidelines.
- Responsibilities of Eng. Stores spare parts system, including working capital, issues and receipts, suppliers selection, safety stock, write-offs, stock accuracy, and report generation.
- Coordinate with site safety coordinator to implement safety improvement initiatives at engineering store.
- Ensure spare parts availability.
- Conduct suppliers audit and evaluation to ensure compliance within set guidelines
- To conduct cost analysis for the capital expenses, engineering stock levels and maintenance expenses to ensure within set limit.
- Source out alternative or local suppliers for imported items to minimize the cost with the consideration of safety and quality of items.
- At least 3 years experience as a store keeper at engineering department in a manufacturing environment.
- Fluent in English. Arabic is an advantage.
- Good computer skills.
- Minimum secondary/high school diploma. University/College diplama is preferrable.
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team skills
- Good knowledge of spare parts/suppliers
- Stock inventory control/purchasing techniques: Fully operational
- Good negotiation skills: Fully Operational
- Good analytical skills: Working knowledge
- Using Information Technology: Working Knowledge
- Knows how to drive vehicles: Working knowledge
- Developing Self : Developing
- Team player: Developing
- All others: Foundation
- Must work with minimum supervision: Developing