- This role is part of the Programmes Operations Team responsible for the leadership of all demand creation activities across the programme.
- Working closely with R, M&E, Programme Managers and Channel Leads and reporting to the Operations Director, the SBCC Advisor analyses the behaviour of MSION’s existing and potential clients and develops cost effective strategies and action plans to ensure value for money on all demand creation activities through the network of MSION CMMOs and partners.
- Results orientation
- Integrity and discretion
- Commitment to personal development in the excellent delivery of work against these responsibilities.
- Leading the development of Demand Creation Strategies:
- Articulate a clear demand generation strategy specific for each channels.
- Clear on going analysis of our market, by segment, location, accessibility etc
- Coordinate and Support all CMMOs activities across the programme
- Wide reading of any research that will inform targeting for demand creation - highlight key points across the CMMO network
- Networking regularly for information with CMMOs on activities, levels of success etc Establishment of Demand Creation KPIs in relation to programme Strategy Matrix exchange with line management for strategic learning re ROI
- Designing and delivering effective training to staff and partners:
- Training assessments conducted in line with DC strategy and staff and partner surveys Trainings developed and packaged for on-line, face to face and other skills development outcomes Development of technical guidelines for the design, implementation and evaluation of behavioural interventions
- Materials developed and tested
- Different platforms (print, social media, website, spoken word, media campaigns etc) tested for ROI and impact
- Field work to test and study Partnerships with local organisations for demand creation Visibility compliance all projects
- Monthly Demand Creation bulletin, sharing ideas, success stories, failures and learning from across the programme Be a focal point for all client communications and seek out new ways to actively provide clients and potential clients with new information
- Design campaigns to operate within an allocated project budget and monitor costs to ensure expenditure remains within budget
- Learn from and share best practices and innovations with other development partners
- Creating robust referral mechanisms to MSN’s service delivery points
- Implementing media campaigns use a broad range of electronic and media channels
- Development of effective marketing materials that provide excellent information in an appropriate format, promoting the brand and boosting client numbers:
- Clear communication to the whole team on progress against strategy and lessons learned:
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution.
- Thinking creatively so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
- Responsive Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met.
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality.
Focus on Learning:
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements.
- Drive and determination to deliver results.
- Regular reporting will indicate ability to conceive, design and deliver on results.
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate.
- Openness to embracing change within the organization and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly.
Qualifications, Capabilities/Skills and Experience
- Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Technical expertise in the area of demand creation/marketing
- Excellent knowledge of a range of media (web, social, print) for information and demand creation
- Knowledge of social marketing, reproductive health, maternal, HIV and/or child health preferred.
- Strategic analysis and planning skills
- Research and review
- Excellent communication skills for developing a network of staff and partners involved in Demand Creation
- Demonstrated technical expertise developing designing and running training
- Experience of DfiD, USAID, Gates funded projects, including working in a diverse team environment preferred
- Familiarity with the different cultural, social and religious identities in Nigeria, international health, development issues and the international donor community
- Experience logical frameworks, behaviour change models, marketing planning and program management tools preferred
- Ability to work effectively in partnership with a variety of audiences and organizations especially CBOs
- Fluency in spoken and written English, and pidgin
- 5-10 years work experience is required from a qualified candidate
- Practical experience and willingness to travel to low-income and/or rural community mobilization.
- Experience in managing volunteers and team members, including recruitment, training and support.
- Sensitive to issues of participation and preferably with knowledge of participatory approaches.
- Excellent writing, organizational, teamwork and multitasking capabilities, presentation and interpersonal communication skills preferred
- Good people and communication abilities including training and facilitation skills.