The Strategic Marketing Manager, Middle East is responsible for leading, managing and directing all of the marketing related activities. He/she will work with the leadership team to identify, document and execute a growth strategy for the business. This growth strategy will be developed through expert use of Voice of the Customer discussions to discern customer segments, economics [willingness to pay and cost to serve], competitive dynamics, choosing target segments, offerings for each target segment, and development of all go-to-market approaches including channel, positioning, pricing and promotion. This person will also work with the business and functional leaders on all strategic and implementation programs related to the marketing function.
The successful candidate will work closely with the field sales organization, key vendors, internal executives, and key business partners to maximize the growth, development and return on investment of the organization’s product portfolio today and in the future. He/She will oversee business/market intelligence development, syndicated data, sales analysis and corresponding presentations so as to identify and capitalize on the most advantageous business opportunities.
Manage marketing activities:
- Drive evaluation of business and strategic opportunities and implement business plan.
- Improve pricing excellence and impact.
- Prioritize, with the Functional and other Business Leaders, new business opportunities.
- Ensure functional strategies align with and support overall business strategy
- Localize global initiatives
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans focusing on growing sales and increasing profitability.
- Investigate marketing opportunities with significant scale and synergy to drive growth and leverage current portfolio of products.
- Develop and implement all marketing department standards, policies and procedures.
- Champion tactical marketing through events strategy and supporting region needs for collateral, case studies, presentations
- Manage relationship with other ACS SBUs and select partners.
Develop and maintain a strategic plan for business growth including:
- Lead the regional STRAP process (Honeywell’s annual strategy planning process): region inputs to global STRAP, create the region’s “response to STRAP” and implementation plan through Plan on a Page and AOP preparation
- Portfolio analysis and assessment to identify revenue and growth plans by country, application, vertical market.
- Evaluate organic growth strategies by product line particularly geographical expansion, local sourcing and local production.
- Identify and develop adjacent product, market, and region opportunities such as “Source local and sell local” projects; participate in HGR SubPac as applicable
- Identify and evaluate inorganic growth strategies including acquisitions, alliances, licensing, and partnership opportunities linked to the strategic plan.
- Conduct fact-based analysis of market trends; competitive data; technology advancements; and customer needs assessment and new product developments.
- Create of a prioritized strategic technology development plan and analyze and report any issues related to Product approval and New Product Introduction activities
- Support and coordinate Government specification approval processes and local certification
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in an engineering or technical field); and graduate degree required (preferably a top tier M.B.A.).
- Proven track record in strategic marketing [not marketing communications]
- Deep knowledge of the sales function and the best practices around target account management, account planning and value proposition development and execution with sales
- Strategic Marketing Skills: Deep understanding and experience with the ability to practically apply, as well as coach others to drive growth in income. Drives practical links to income statement and balance sheet.
- Leadership: A confident, mature person with the ability to connect and inspire others. A proven track record of leading projects and teams that successfully achieve milestones and complete deliverables.
- Results-Oriented: A driver who possesses the ability to take actions and implement effective solutions in a timely manner
- Problem Solver: A creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on as well as detail-oriented.
- Analytical Thinking and Decision-Making: A “conceptualizer” of enterprise and market trends/issues who can then integrate that thinking into marketing and business strategies.
- Decisive and logical at thoroughly evaluating issues. Excellent planning, execution and project-management skills
- Excellent written & verbal skills are a requirement. Arabic a benefit