• Prepares, gain approval for and monitor costs against a budget that will enable the viable operation of the Service.
• Prepares and develop an inspection and monitoring programme to ensure that all company production facilities are regularly checked for corrosion.
• Propose a protection programme to ensure that company facilities are regularly treated to avoid corrosion.
• Participates in inspection of Company facilities to provide adequate advice on corrosion matters.
• Prepares contract specification and participate in the bid selection process to ensure regular and corrective anti-corrosion maintenance is carried out.
• Gives advice on metallurgical material specifications when required, to give the best corrosion protection.
• Provides advice on chemicals and protection measures, to ensure the optimum treatment of potential and existing corrosion.
• Monitors the effectiveness of chemical additives in optimizing production operations, and ensure that the quality of chemicals used meets the required standards.
• Review and recommend as necessary new treatments to improve the effectiveness of production operations.
• Prepares the chemical additives treatment programme for all company production facilities.
• Provides advice and technical back-up sites on a daily basis as required.
• To familiarize/maintain proper and continuous knowledge of the company’s HSE procedures, rules and regulations and abide by them at all times.
• Bachelor of Science in Petroleum or Chemical Engineering.
• 7 years experience in corrosion monitoring and control, design and follow up of cathodic protection, metallurgical analysis and evaluation, selection of chemicals for both corrosion control and crude oil/water injection.
• Very good knowledge of English.