- She/he will develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives.
- Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with pupils, and by their organisation of learning resources and the classroom learning environment.
- Develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude.
- Link pupils' knowledge to earlier learning and develop ways to encourage it further, and challenge and inspire pupils to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The prospect must demonstrate:
- Leadership and effective supervision skills
- Performance evaluation skills.
- Decision-making skills
- Time management skills.
- Team building skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal, listening and communication skills.
- Stress management skills
- Strong People management skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Candidates must possess a minimum of Bachelor of Education Degree (BEd.).
- A postgraduate Diploma in Education for non-education degree holders will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in a good school environment.