Responsible for ensuring that all maintenance requirements are carried out on the line, or at any outstations, including line defect rectification, is carried out to the required standards.
Relates with the AVP Engineering and Planning, Engineering Manager, AVP Maintenance, Maintenance Service Providers, MROs, Supply Chain etc.
The satisfactory completion and certification of all line maintenance and defect rectification work required by Arik Air or other contracted operators/customers, in accordance with the work specification.
- Ensuring that the organisation's procedures and standards are complied with when carrying out maintenance.
- Ensuring, through the workforce under his control, that the quality of workmanship in the final product is to a standard acceptable to the organisation and the NCAA.
- Ensuring the competence of all personnel engaged in maintenance by establishing a programme of training and continuation training using :-
- Internal and external sources.
- On-the-job instruction and evaluation.
- Examination/testing as necessary
- Keeping a record of all training and experience of maintenance-related personnel.
- Ensuring that all sub-contract orders are correctly detailed and that the requirements of the contract/order are fulfilled in respect of inspection and quality control.
- Responding to quality deficiencies in the area of activity for which he is responsible, which arise from independent quality audits.
Required skills & qualifications
- AME License Engineer type rated
- 5 - 10 years minimum experience of Line Maintenance at least 3 years on type, Licensed on Airbus 330/340, with experience of any of the following would help; Boeing 737 classic/ng, CRJ900 , Q400 and HS125-800 preferable with line operations
- Good Leadership skills & attention to details
- Good Knowledge of Technical support functions , MEL and maintenance planning systems
- Good It Skills and a Knowledge of current MRO IT Systems
- Good communication skills and Strong organizational Skills