To provide strategic alignment, governance and focus to the multiple vendors on the ERP Business Transformation Program. This is critical to ensure that in each case, vendors are delivering to the programme at the right time, for the right reasons, for the least cost, and for the least impact to the delivery of critical milestones. The scope of this role is to manage the vendors while supporting the business and all the stakeholders (including Chief and VP level) on the programme.
- Manage scope changes that imapact the program. Scope management will continue post the initial implementation and will be the key responsibility of this role
- Deliver and implement auditable governance process for the programme to deliver compliance
- Provide reporting on a set of defined strategic objectives and performance indicators to ensure transparency of all third party engagements
- Resolve commercial issues where vendors are not delivereing in accordance with their obligations to support the ERP Business Transformation Program
- Responsible for influencing vendor senior management team in a strategic manner to ensure successful delivery of the program
- Engage and retain relationships with long term strategic vendors
- Provides vendor management for the program including consulting partners, application vendors and system integrators and helps negotiate cost effective contracts and agreements
- Tracks and reports on vendor management related activities to the project sponsor, steering committee and other stakeholders
- Ensures that processes for the management of vendors are developed and implemented to effectively manage the program and transition post-implementation support activities
- Develop vendor management principles and approach
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other related field
- 10+ years’ experience in managing multi-vendor, large scale complex programmes and teams in a global environment. Experienced in driving best practice outcomes
- Encourages and facilitates cooperation, results orientation and collaboration amongst the team.
- Excellent vendor management skills, with demonstrated track record of applying vendor management principles, practices and techniques.
- Strong in meeting timelines. Sets and accomplishes challenging goals by leveraging team resources effectively. Takes calculated risks to achieve desired results.
- Develops innovative solutions. Solicits information on enterprise direction, goals and the industry to determine how vendors can add value to the organization. Makes recommendations linked to the organization's strategy and financial goals.
- High computer literacy
- Strategic planning and project management skills