The role will involve working closely with suppliers and managing the supplier matrix. This is an opportunity to join a world class organisation and build a sustainable career for the future.
• Assists in the selection, development, management, and assurance of defect-free performance of the business' supplier base with the objective of overall quality improvement.
• Resolves supplier quality issues.
• Participates in supplier evaluation, selection, and strategic sourcing process development.
• Assists in the supplier corrective action process including containment, root cause analysis, and corrective action. Ensures suppliers use quality tools effectively.
• Works with supplier to ensure all product requirements are met.
• Reviews the supplier quality resources for new product introduction and current products to reduce supplier related issues, improve process capabilities, and ensure timely project launches.
• Responsible for determining if all requirements are met by the supplier for new or changed products.
• Measures supplier quality performance according to established procedures; drives appropriate improvements to meet established targets.
• Manage Supplier Matrix.
• Facilitates continuous improvement activities to reduce defects.
• Compiles Suppliers corrective action report
• Implements process audits
• Oversee and implement PPAP activities
• Implement feasibility studies with suppliers.
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Engineering.
• Hands on experience on manufacturing process for Fabrication / Forging / Assemblies / Casting
• Awareness of Quality Management system and tools
• Supplier Process and Quality Improvement knowledge
• Previous experience of corrective actions
• Previous working experience of APQP and PPAPS