* Designing, developing, implementing, documenting and monitoring business management systems to ensure facility compliance with ISO9001. This includes providing vision, direction and planning for the "future state" (3-5 years ahead) of the facility Management system.
* Advising Senior Facility Management on the business policies, processes and procedures required to support the quality management system.
* Advising and supporting Health, safety and environmental Management system performance. This includes the coordination of internal audit processes for Occupational, Health, Safety Management System (OHSMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS).
* Managing and developing functional aspects of quality department to achieve best practice performance. These areas include MQ12005 and MQ13005 internal certification, contamination control requirements and incoming Quality Inspection.
* Managing the auditing of planned methods, process outputs, report internal & external quality metrics relative to product defects or problems.
* Acting as an advisor or consultant to senior management.
* Serving as a companywide resource on a highly specialized area or serve multiple units in a broader functional area and assist senior management in interpreting and using information provided.
* Engineering or manufacturing background.
* Expert knowledge of a specific manufacturing process or engineering discipline, or maintenance process, as applicable.
* Complete understanding of company policies and procedures related to manufacturing, engineering and/or maintenance.
* License or certification: ISO Lead Auditor trained and qualified.
* College or university degree or equivalent experience.
* Five to ten years of job-related experience.
* Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
* General understanding of the Caterpillar organization, products, policies, and procedures