Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
In today’s marketplace, demand for smarter, more advanced solutions is growing exponentially. To meet the complex technological and logistical challenges of this new age requires the right partner at every step. With extensive experience across virtually all industries, BG has the unique vision and capabilities to improve speed, efficiency, and cost effectiveness throughout the entire life cycle of a product
At BG, we recognize that talent needs to grow as quickly as our company. This includes challenging responsibilities, high impact roles, and broad exposure that enables our people to make the best decisions for the company. To help accelerate development of our top Supply Chain talent, we are launching the Supply Chain Development Program (SCDP). The SCDP is a management rotation program that pairs our highest potential business leaders into our most critical business projects and roles. Participants will complete 4- 6 month rotations across the core areas of our Global Procurement & Supply Chain organization:
· Procurement: Manage suppliers, inventory, and the movement of materials through the production cycle.
- Logistics: Direct the activities of distribution, ensure continuous logistics improvement, and build relationships with strategic customers through world-class efficiency and service.
- Materials: Manage activities to achieve materials P&L targets, manage customer expectations and satisfaction.
- Strategic Supply Chain Management: Participate in establishing corporate strategic objectives and drive SC effectiveness to maintain financial competitiveness. Plan, budget, and maintain costs and manage supplier relationships.
- Commodity Management: Guide selection and development of core strategic suppliers; monitor commodity market conditions and develop technology roadmaps as required.
In addition, SCDP participants will have the opportunity to complete one 6-month rotation in an international location.
The SCDP is open to the highest-performing early- and mid-career candidates. SCDP participants are those who have achieved the highest levels of academic and professional performance, and have a reputation for strong leadership and measureable business results. SCDP participants also demonstrate 5 Key Values (Intense Collaboration, Passionate Customer Focus, Thoughtful Fast Disciplined Execution, Tenacious Commitment to Continuous Improvement, and Relentless Drive to Win) as well as our Leadership Traits (Intelligence and Street Smarts; Sound Judgment; Ability to Anticipate; Creative, Innovative and Entrepreneurial; Unbelievable Work Ethic; Results Oriented; Tenacious and Relentless; Loyal; Honest; Humble and Unselfish; Intensely Collaborative).
The SCDP will prepare participants for senior manager roles and the potential to be a team leader. In addition to high impact roles and projects in the above rotations, we will support our SCDP participants by providing:
- Training – with a focus on broad business skills, problem solving, and leadership development
- Mentoring – every SCDP participant will be paired with two formal mentors (one Director+ and one VP+), both of whom will share accountability for overall program success and job satisfaction, in addition to SCDP program management and peer mentoring
- Feedback – monthly informal feedback sessions, rotation mid-point and end assessments, and annual performance reviews; all with the goal of providing aggressive development and preparing our people for careers after the SCDP
- Networking – exposure to senior level leaders across the business, particularly within our NIGERIA HQ; SCDP Participants will also form strong collegial cohorts and share experiences
- Placement – personalized recruiting assistance that pairs the SCDP Participants with permanent roles based on participants’ performance, interests, and business needs
Selection into the SCDP will be extremely competitive CAUSE THIS IS A ONCE IN TWO YEARS OPPORTUNITY. Those who are selected will have a major impact in the direction and future design of the program. The program will include top performers who have demonstrated strong leadership in their field
- A member of the Leadership Development Program (SCDP), bringing a diverse skill set including strong quantitative, problem solving, and analytical skills, and the ability to bring innovative and creative thinking to business groups and Supply Chain functions
- Drive increased profitability within by leading Supply Chain projects that research issues, analyze data, develop solutions, and execute recommendations
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES / DUTIES:
- Collaborate closely with and advise business leaders to support decisions and evaluate potential business opportunities
- Build financial models (i.e., Microsoft Excel); conduct high-quality business, market, and competitor analysis; and help identify and assess existing and new market initiatives
- Apply creative problem-solving skills to assigned work; communicate insights and synthesize conclusions into recommendations
- Develop and deliver impactful presentation materials (i.e., Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Work independently with minimal direction, occasionally leading junior team members
- Ensure OUR values and culture are part of work life
REQUIRED Basic Qualifications (must have skills):
- 2-8 years relevant work experience in a business-related field
- Rapid career progression indicating the highest levels of performance and potential
- Advanced quantitative aptitude
- Advanced problem-solving capabilities, including the ability to clearly define problems, collect data (primary and secondary), establish facts, draw valid conclusions and influence others to implement recommendations
- Understanding of company profitability drivers and return on investment
- Ability to prioritize workflow and manage multiple projects with minimal direction
- Comfort working with uncertainty and within a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player with excellent relationship and leadership capabilities
- Highest personal and professional values
- Superior written and oral communications
- Ability to work across multiple industries/markets and on a variety of business problems
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Mastery of the English language
- Adequate understanding of business software, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
- Experience within a large, multinational corporation
Education or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in a relevant field preferred
Interested applicant should forward their CV to email@example.com using SCDP as mail subject.