- Provide technical assistance (TA) to field based specialists to streamline the process for requesting for HIV/AIDS medical supplies by the partner health facilities and order the same from state medical stores.
- Provide TA to the field based SCMS specialists to ensure efficient and effective inventory management systems at designated partner health facilities
- Coach and mentor a team of field based SCMS specialists working to strengthen the SCMS capacity of state government partners and partner health facilities in each focus state
- Ensure the adaptation of tools for the coaching and mentoring of relevant health facility staff (pharmacists, laboratory scientists) on forecasting, inventory management and reporting.
- Institute a system to ensure accountability of the commodities issued to the health facilities by ensuring that the field based specialists carry out stock verification and reconciliation of records where necessary
- Working closely with the field based specialists, provide TA to the state logistics technical working group (TWG) to ensure the implementation of a harmonized logistic management system and framework
- Provide TA to the state government and partner health facilities to ensure the efficient collection and safe disposal of expiries across the supported sites in the state, in line with national and USG waste drive policy.
- Liaise with the SCMS program to ensure constant supply and availability of HIV drugs, reagents and other centrally procured HIV commodities at the supported facilities.
- Liaise and network with relevant ProACT partners and collaborators to improve MSH’s visibility, coordination of activities and promotion of shared advocacy agenda for SCMS in Nigeria.
- Take responsibility for monitoring, evaluation and reporting of supply chain management activities implemented under the ProACT project and within the project PMP framework
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep MSH ProACT senior management team informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Participate at USG or national SCMS technical working group (TWG) meetings hosted by NACA or HIV/AIDS Division of Federal Ministry of health.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Spearheading the strategic design and implementation of all SCMS activities implemented under the ProACT project in Nigeria
- Member of the Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project implementation and performance
- Supervision: Works independently and reports to the Deputy Project Director.
- Decision Making: Working within project strategy and policy guidelines, makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them.
- Responsibility over data or information: Has access to information within project, and is responsible for program data generation and management.
- Responsibility over assets: Responsibility for assigned assets in the program.
- Responsibility over Staff: Provides technical supervision and support to the state based SCMS Specialists.
- The SCMS Advisor will be a highly skilled pharmacist with a minimum of 4 years senior level program experience with HIV/AIDS programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID/CDC, particularly those related to supply chain management.
- Must be registered with the relevant professional body-Pharmacy Council of Nigeria (PCN).
- Have an excellent grasp of SCMS issues and current literature on SCMS in a developing country context.
- Have an excellent understanding of comprehensive ART programming, including program design, implementation and evaluation.
- Strong working competency in computer applications to carry out management and statistical analysis as maybe required.
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English.