Key Job Responsibilities
3rd party management
- Ensure regulatory compliance for customs processes for Dow in the Middle East, and all of its subsidiaries and JVs
- Act as customs and trade compliance focal-point for Dow locations and network with customs contacts in other locations and or countries when necessary
- Act as customs focal point for the region, providing consultancy to Dow businesses and customers, investigating customs impact for new business flows/material flows
- Active research on duty saving opportunities, application for respective licenses and implementation of respective customs tools and processes
- Investigate non-compliance situations and look for new opportunities
- Reduce/minimize structural costs for customs operations
- Measure and report duty savings and regulatory compliance items
- Develop and define functional requirements for customs and trade compliance process and system modifications
- Maintain simplified customs procedures like ‘Approved Exporter, Authorized Exporter etc. for the respective Dow locations in the areas the incumbent is responsible for
- Minimize defects for bonded warehouse operations
- Frequent screening of Regional Customs Legislation, translate that into impact to Dow and implement changes in customs legislation, procedures, techniques and formalities in DOW supply chain activities
- Address necessary system changes to responsible IT-group
- Guide, train and consult supply chain partners regarding customs and trade compliance requirements, and lead project team(s) to implement solutions (e.g. Bonded warehouse, AEO, IPR)
- Audit customs relevant transactions internally and with 3rd parties (broker/warehouse/terminal) and facilitate official customs audits
- Interact with customs management and customs systems and process specialist for implementation of solutions and procedures at DOW locations
- Obtain and manage necessary import, export or re-export licenses when required
- Manage relationship with regional customs agents/service providers
- Apply for and manage appropriate customs techniques. (e.g. IPR’s )
- Resolve regional, operational customs and trade compliance issues and conflicts.
- Focal Point for duty-rate inquiries
- Coordinate imports via courier-services
Export Control/ Production and Trade restrictions
Manage the requirements in resulting from regional or multinational export control and trade/production restrictions, such as Dual Use, Chemical Weapons, Drug Precursors.etc
Ensure/supervise with supply chain partners, that inventories (production and imports) are properly coded in accordance with origin certificates issued
Proof of exportation
Ensure/supervise with supply chain partners and service providers, that proofs of exportations are received, filed and followed up for all exports.
Maintain records and SAP-system settings required for the operational customs infrastructure (like dispatch table entries, overview of licenses by plant, counterparts etc.)
- Manage the relationship and integration with 3rd party service providers for customs activities in Middle East.
- Manage customs activities performed by customs broker(s).
- Participate in or manage special projects related to customs and trade compliance activities.
- Represent International Trade Operations Customs and trade compliance in supply Chain projects