Purpose of the Position
Under the direct guidance of the Chief of Operations, the incumbent manages the supply and logistics operations of a complex nature with significant impact on programme delivery, services, supply and logistic, processes and systems, requiring advanced professional technical mastery and expertise in support of operations and programme objectives. Accountable for effective planning, contracting, procurement, distribution, inventory management of UNICEF's supplies, in support of the Country Programmes.
Key Expected Results
1. Rapid and relevant responses provided to evolving supply needs and situations, including emergency situations, with a priority on achieving value for money.
2. The highest level of integrity, standards and accountability maintained by implementing sound, accurate supply/logistics management systems, procedures and documentation as well as regular and accurate reporting.
3. Technical leadership, support, coaching and training provided to capacity-building in order to enhance efficient, effective and timely delivery of supplies.
4. Effective procurement conducted to attain best overall value while maintaining product quality.
5. Effective collaboration and partnership in supply/procurements/purchasing/contracting/logistics with internal and external counterparts developed and maintained through better coordination, communication and networking.