Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Job Title: Supply ManagerJob Description
Supply Manager - Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
Duration : 12 months
Start date : 01-Oct-2016
Click here for additional details about :
Our work in Nigeria Action Against Hunger-USA's generous remuneration package
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
being responsible for the Supply Chain Management of all procurement activities whilst ensuring full compliance with ACF and donor procedures.
Key activities in your role will include
- Review and prepare all documentation during the procurement process, and manage the Supply team.
- Negotiate supplier framework agreements and contracts.
- Ensure quality & quantity control of deliveries.
- Compile and submit timely reports.
Do you meet the profile required criteria ?
You’ve broad experience in humanitarian logistics
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in in Business Administration OR Logistics OR Purchasing and Supply.
- You have at least 3 years’ extensive experience in logistics management and coordination, preferably in Humanitarian or development work.
- You have demonstrated professional experience working in a fast paced and complex humanitarian emergency contexts.
- You have a high level of Integrity and Transparency.
You enjoy the challenge of juggling multiple activities
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You take pride in planning not just the best case scenario but also for multiple contingencies.
- You have excellent people management skills combined with the ability and desire to further develop staff capacity.
- You have strong organization and management skills combined with the ability to coordinate a diverse range of people and responsibilities.
- You have the ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate and demonstrate good judgement.
- You possess strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- You have effective multi-tasking skills with ability to coordinate and handle pressure/ stress well.
- You are flexible, able to live and work in a stressful and insecure environment.