The Intern will carry out the following activities:
- Draft, edit, design and facilitate the publication of a West African forensic capacity evaluation directory based on available internally generated and open source materials;
- Coordinate the creation, collection and formatting of training and conference presentation materials;
- Draft official communications, press releases, speeches and articles for project team members and ROSEN management personnel;
- Maintain and update the project internet and social media pages;
- Facilitate the production and dissemination of public information material through website, brochures, posters, letters, e-mails, and broadcasts in various languages as required reaching a wide public audience;
- Facilitate the implementation of official travel missions and associated project activities throughout the region;
- Providing administrative and general organisational assistance; and perform other duties as assigned.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively in French and in English;
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately;
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication;
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience;
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Works collaboratively with Research Officer and colleagues to achieve organisational goals;
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others;
- Places team agenda before personal agenda;
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position;
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and is able to perceive scenarios from clients’ point of view;
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect;
- Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions;
- Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems;
- Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.