- The Survey Engineer will be responsible for conducting Day to day survey works needed at Savanah Sugar scheme and other projects operations such as land levelling, land preparation, boundary demarcation and roads/canals maintenance.
- In addition, he will be responsible for monitoring and managing of new project developments at other locations across the country.
Job Roles (Duties & Responsibilities)
- Organisation and Supervision of schedules survey crew for field work operations.
- Checking of all benchmarks and control points readings instrument readings, calculations and measurements as the work progresses.
- Prepare maps, plans, sketches on computer drafting.
- Research record information, and management of all the project data (bench marks, demarcation, maps etc.
- Conduct surveys to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
- Drawing/Maps productions, Working plans, CAD and GIS works, Quality control, Quality assurance, stakeout Irrigation networks, land levelling, Data acquisition and Data management.
- Fields design and earth works calculations.
- Manage all Earth moving machines, laser & GPS guided machines, and assure the accuracy and efficiency for surveying operations.
- Design of canalization and drainage system of cane farms.
- Design cane farms & furrow directions.
Competencies Required (Qualification & Experience)
- B.Sc/HND in Surveying and Geoinformatics or any related discipline.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in survey engineering, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in agricultural projects (preferably in a sugar cane project).
- Experience in conducting all surveying works; fields survey, topography maps and bathymetric survey
- Professional on using the survey equipment (Level, total station, GPS RTK)
- Agriculture GPS (AgGPS / FMX) is preferable.
- Computer applications, professional on software applications:
- Surfer, post processing software, Cad programs, ArcGlS programs, Microsoft Office programs,
- Ability & willingness to work in Team.
- Time Management and Planning skills
The remuneration for all positions are very competitive, and in line with the Nigerian food and beverage industry standards. The right candidates will have the opportunity to work in one of the leading conglomerates in Nigeria and sub Saharan Africa.