Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Make exact measurements and determine cargoes. Inspect the handling, storage, and stowing of freight and cargoes.
• Prepare and submit reports after completion of freight shipments.
• Inspect shipments to ensure that freight is securely braced and blocked.
• Issue certificates of compliance for vessels without violations.
• Record details about freight conditions, handling of freight, and any problems encountered.
• Write certificates of admeasurements’ that list details such as designs, lengths, depths, and breadths of vessels, and methods of propulsion.
• Calculate gross and net tonnage, hold capacities, volumes of stored fuel and water, cargo weights, and ship stability factors, using mathematical formulas.
• Advise crews in techniques of stowing dangerous and heavy cargo.
• Observe loading of freight to ensure that crews comply with procedures.
• Post warning signs on vehicles containing explosives or flammable or radioactive materials.
• Recommend remedial procedures to correct any violations found during inspections.
• Measure heights and widths of loads to ensure they will pass over bridges or through tunnels on scheduled routes.
• Inspect loaded cargo, cargo lashed to decks or in storage facilities, and cargo handling devices to determine compliance with health and safety regulations and need for maintenance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must have a minimum of OND in any related field of study. Any other higher qualifications with working experience will serve as added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION: Interested Applicants that have the right skills and requirement for this position should forward their CVs to Human Resource Manager through this email below: firstname.lastname@example.org or send your Name, Location, Contact, Qualification and Position Applying for to this contact and you will be invited.