- The Sustainability Coordinator will provide vision and technical leadership on all aspects of the planning, implementation and evaluation of all graduation/transition and sustainability support provided to PEPFAR Nigeria OVC Implementing Partners (IPs).
- Initially, the Sustainability Coordinator’s focus will be on sustained-support States to ensure the responsible graduation and transition of OVC and their households and sustainability of select interventions at the State, LGA and community levels.
- He/She will provide direct supervision to the Organizational Development Technical Advisor, Government System Strengthening Technical Advisor and Advocacy Technical Advisor to ensure coordination and synergy among these positions.
- This position will collaborate with 4Children HQ and consultants to develop the methodology, guidance and tools for the sustainability planning workshops.
- He/She will ensure high quality implementation of the workshops and accompaniment of IPs during the regional workshops and as IPs implement their sustainability plans.
- He/She will also liaise with the FMWASD, NACA, FMOH, UNICEF, and the Global Fund for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) around key issues related to graduation, transition and sustainability at the government and donor levels.
- In collaboration with project staff, provide guidance and technical oversight to PEPFAR OVC IPs, government
- partners and other collaborating agencies to ensure that objectives around sustainability, graduation/transition are achieved.
- Liaise with 4Children Core Team to gather lessons learned around sustainability planning, graduation and transition from similar programs (e.g., PEPFAR supported programs, USAID Office of Food for Peace Title II programs, Feed the Future programs) and use this information to inform 4Children Nigeria’s approach to sustainability planning.
- Lead the conceptualization and implementation of 4Children Nigeria’s harmonized, standardized, and contextualized approach to holistic, costed sustainability planning at the PEPFAR OVC Implementing Partner, government, civil society, community, household and individual levels to support OVC and household graduation/transition and social service system strengthening; ensure alignment with national graduation strategy and criteria.
- Orient all 4Children Nigeria staff, STTA and consultants to the sustainability planning process and ensure their role in the process is understood.
- Oversee the design and implementation of sustainability planning workshops; facilitate workshop sessions.
- Oversee the development of analytical framework to support the analysis of existing organizational and technical capacity assessments to inform sustainability planning as well as any new assessments, as needed.
- Coordinate all 4Children Nigeria’s efforts around organizational and technical capacity strengthening at the PEPFAR OVC IP, key Government of Nigeria (GON) institutions, LGAs, Networks and civil society organization/community-based organizations (CSO/CBO) levels, ensuring the use of the most appropriate capacity strengthening approaches (e.g., training, accompaniment, exchange visits, on-the-job training, etc.).
- Coordinate and harmonize capacity building activities and technical assistance provided by the Government System Strengthening, Organizational Capacity Strengthening (CSO), and Advocacy Technical Advisors; ensure appropriate sequencing.
- Oversee the identification of capacity strengthening needs and provision of high-quality technical assistance to USG OVC IPs, Networks and select Government of Nigeria entities related to household graduation/transition and social service system strengthening.
- Liaise with Parenting and Youth Technical Advisor, Case Management and Referral Technical Advisors and Household Economic Strengthening Technical Director to ensure alignment of capacity building activities and technical assistance as well as appropriate sequencing.
- Collaborate with 4Children technical staff (Core team and Nigeria) to identify ways to incorporate sustainability planning, graduation/transition into existing project activities such as social service and health system strengthening, case management and household economic strengthening being implemented by USG IPs.
- Develop terms of reference for a technical working group (TWG) for sustainability; solicit membership and support regular meetings and the development of products that support GON Ministries, PEPFAR OVC IPs and their partners to sustainability planning, graduation and transition; liaise with FMWASD, NACA and FMOH and TWG to ensure alignment with National guidance and tools.
- Engage 4Children consortium partners, as appropriate, during key stages in the project cycle for their insights on the appropriateness of program approaches and interventions and for quality assurance.
- In collaboration with the Program Director, foster positive collaboration among 4Children Core Team, 4Children Nigeria, CRS Nigeria and USAID/CDC Nigeria.
- Establish, build and manage effective partnerships with PEPFAR OVC IPs, key Nigerian ministries, institutions, UN agencies, learning institutions, donors, networks and organizations at the National, State and the zonal levels promote local ownership and a HIV-sensitive social service system.
- Identify opportunities for linkages with other USG-funded and donors supported projects and organizations to support 4Children Nigeria project objectives.
Human Resources Management:
- Coordinate and provide support supervision for to the Technical Advisors for: Government System Strengthening, Organizational Capacity Strengthening (CSO), and Advocacy.
- Provide support to the Government System Strengthening Technical Advisor in relation to the coordination and management of the 10 Zonal State Coordinators.
- Ensure staff compliance with all CRS administrative and operational procedures and policies, as well as applicable to the donor regulations.
- Oversee consultants and short-term technical assistance related to sustainability.
Planning, Monitoring, Reporting & Learning:
- Ensure project planning, reporting, budgeting and financial management pertaining to the sustainability components of the project area completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor progress toward sustainability plan benchmarks/indicators and provide frequent progress reports to the Program Director.
- Identify with support of 4Children Nigeria Technical Advisors opportunities for exchanges through quarterly meetings/visits/webinars/calls among IPs and States for learning around sustainability, capacity strengthening, and graduation/transition.
- Ensure documentation of the 4Children graduation and sustainability planning model, lessons learned, and case studies.
- Liaise regularly with 4Children Core Team engaged in similar activities, including a global Community of Practice around sustainability/graduation/transition.
- The Sustainability Coordinator directly supervises the Organizational Development Technical Advisor, Government System Strengthening Technical Advisor and the Advocacy Technical Advisor. S/he will also oversee consultants and the provision of short-term technical assistance.
- Doctoral or Masters degree in International Development, Public Health, or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of senior-level experience in project management and supervision in the context of PEPFAR-supported programs, preferably those targeting orphans and vulnerable children.
- Experience in the development and implementation of capacity strengthening plans to support sustainability and transition to local ownership.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and reach consensus among a wide-range of stakeholders including donors, government, PEPFAR Implementing Partners, UN agencies, civil society and faith-based organizations and the private sector.
- Demonstrated proactive leadership ability, as well as supervisory and personnel management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and analyze work plans and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability in rapid assessment, program analysis, project monitoring and evaluation, partnership, and sustainability issues.
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations.
- Familiarity and understanding of the Nigerian State planning and budgeting processes as well as planning processes of USG IPs.
- Ability to work effectively in diverse environments and under pressure.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- The Sustainability Coordinator will be expected to travel within Nigeria and potentially outside of Nigeria to attend conferences, workshops or other activities related to the project.