Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
- The position of Meet Marshal is to be performed by individual’s age 18 or older, with no other meet responsibilities. Meet Director, Officials, Coaches working the meet, or other assigned meet personnel are not permitted to serve as Safety Marshal.
- During warm-ups the Meet Marshal is required to be on deck prior to and during the entire warm-up session. Shall enforce warm-up procedures and maintain order in the swimming venue in accordance with the LSC Safety Guidelines and Warm-up Procedures. The Meet Marshal shall have the authority to remove from the deck of the warm-up session, any swimmer or coach who is in violation of safety guidelines or warm-up procedures.
- Post several area maps showing location and phone number of nearest Hospital or Emergency clinic. (Post at main entrance to natatorium and at least one other appropriate location)
- Post several copies of a map showing the location of the:
- First Aid Station
- Spinal Backboard
- Rescue implements
- Perform a detailed walk through of the meet facilities to identify potential hazard areas (such as slip areas, head bangers, trip hazards…) Take corrective action for all identified hazard areas.
- Review safety checklist with meet referee.
During the Swim Meet
- Shall enforce warm-up procedures and maintain order in the swimming venue in accordance with the LSC Safety Guidelines and Warm-up Procedures. Including any separate warm-up/warm-down area used during the meet.
- The Safety Marshal should be clearly visible by wearing a fluorescent vest prior to and during the meet.
- Insure the First Aid Station is identified and accessible throughout the meet.
- Approx. every 2 hours walk through all areas of the meet to identify potential hazards (horseplay, slippery floors…)
- Upon being advised by any person (parent, swimmer, coach, etc) of a safety hazard, the Meet Marshal shall investigate and take immediate action to correct the hazard.
- Each accident requires that a Report of Occurrence form be completed.
Requirements: Interested candidates must have a minimum of Ond or either an executive education in Swimming from a reputable higher institution, must be smart, intelligent and out spoken. Candidates should forward their updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be shortlisted with immediate effect.
LAGOS RESIDENTS ONLY