In additional to technological aptitude, the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence - including:
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services. Provide technical and sales support for assigned accounts.
- Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provide consultative support in their area of specialization.
- 3+ years-related experience. Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required. Pre-Sales experience required.
- CCIE certification highly desirable.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- The ability to apply baseline SE skills to position Cisco products and solutions to solve technical and business problems.
- Strong operating experience in one or more of the following area's of specialization: Core Routing and Switching, Wireless Networking, Network Security, Optical Networking, (Voice & Video), Cloud & Data Center (Compute, Storage & Network, Virtualization). In-depth knowledge of Unified Communications/Collaboration (Voice/Video) systems and platforms.
- Knowledge of competitive offerings in area of specialization with the ability to articulate Cisco's competitive advantages.
- Understands and conversant about Cisco, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Be able to translate knowledge into sales opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively as an added value team member and assume a leadership role within the team.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources to drive business impact.
- To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey
- Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our Account Executive team in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions, setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
- The candidate will have access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications focused in the Enterprise & Partner Led market segment.
- This role is heavily focused on challenging customer paradigms and building architectural solutions to solve critical customer business needs.
- Candidates should possess a deep understanding of Cisco's suite of products, solutions and go to market strategy.