• Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services. Provide technical and sales support for assigned accounts.
• Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
• Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provide consultative support in their area of specialization.
• 3+ years-related experience. Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required. Pre-Sales experience required.
• CCIE certification highly desirable.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
1. The ability to apply baseline SE skills to position Cisco products and solutions to solve technical and business problems.
2. Strong operating experience in one or more of the following area's of specialization: Core Routing and Switching, Wireless Networking, Network Security, Optical Networking, (Voice & Video), Cloud & Data Center (Compute, Storage & Network, Virtualization). In-depth knowledge of Unified Communications/Collaboration (Voice/Video) systems and platforms.
3. Knowledge of competitive offerings in area of specialization with the ability to articulate Cisco's competitive advantages.
4. Understands and conversant about Cisco, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Be able to translate knowledge into sales opportunities.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
6. Ability to work effectively as an added value team member and assume a leadership role within the team.
7. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills. Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources to drive business impact.
“At Cisco, we create a culture where everyone is welcome, valued, respected and heard; where our employees can contribute to their full potential in pursuit of Cisco’s vision and objectives. Through this culture of inclusion and diversity we help to create a great place to work for employees and an intense focus on our global customers and shareholders. From this we gain a better understanding of the world—and the differences in its people. We achieve more together and change the way we work, live, play, and learn.”