To provide second level operational and technical support to LBS ICT users in order to ensure efficient and effective usage of deployed ICT solutions and services.
Department: Information and Communication Technology
Reports To: ICT Systems Administrator
Directly Supervises: Nil
Date: May 2016
Position Type: Regular/Permanent/Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/KEY JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Provide first and second level support through taking calls and handling the resulting incidents or service requests using approved incident management and request fulfillment processes.
- Serve as backup to System Administrator and Infrastructure Engineer
- Act as a point of contact for both internal and external ICT customers
- Provide training and guidance to users on desktop and printing related needs to ensure efficient and effective utilization of deployed solutions for improved productivity
- Support the production of standard configurations, documentations, processes and procedures to aid structured way of ICT service delivery and support.
- Provide technical assistance and knowledge during ICT project implementations to aid successful delivery
- Aid the actualization of initiatives that will guaranty security of the School’s ICT networks, systems, software and data.
- Ensure availability of networks, systems, software and data by supporting all recommended maintenance arrangements, disaster recovery planning, business continuity arrangements and risk management.
- Act as one of the focal points of ICT disaster recovery implementation
- Aid the actualization of established structures and procedures that support timely, effective, proactive and efficient user support
- Act as a major implementation agent of the ICT service level agreement with external suppliers and operational level agreement with internal customers
- Aid ICT management decision making on service support, delivery and continuous quality improvement by making available periodic service request/fulfillment statistics and management reports
- Supervise Service Desk staff and provide requisite training for them when needed
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- High level of customer satisfaction
- Effective resolution of technical problems through resource management and issue prioritization
- Well planned change control and minimum unplanned downtime of ICT facilities
- Security of networks, systems and data
- Continuous development approach to skills
GENERIC /TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Good customer service
- Good and flexible communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Supplier management skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Telephone etiquette
- Good business orientation
- Good knowledge of network/systems design, analysis, productivity tools and operating systems
- Conversant with ITIL processes
- Project planning and change management skills
BSc or B.Eng.: Electrical/ElectronicComputer Engineering. or related qualification
CCNA, MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), ITIL
Minimum of 2yrs experience installing and supporting all of the following: Windows Active Directory, Windows 2007/2010 professional, Cisco Networks (voice, video & data), VPN, TCP/IP troubleshooting and Microsoft Office suite