The job holder will be responsible primarily for administering, troubleshooting and supporting organization’s server and messaging systems. Secondary responsibilities include monitoring and maintaining relevant hardware and infrastructure underpinning service provision, evaluating system performance, recommending upgrades if necessary and reporting/resolving any issue(s) raised or discovered within the systems
- Carry out system administration tasks with utmost care to ensure minimum down-time of the services to end users.
- Coordinating software releases, patching, and monitoring the production environment to ensure systems stability
- Creating and managing user accounts and mailbox service for the organizations’ under the control of the ICT department ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability of data for organizations’ business
- Backup & Restoration of mailboxes.
- Monitoring server system logs, messages and alerts to ensure a pro-active approach to problem resolution.
- Effectively resolving requests/problems escalated by ICT Helpdesk & Support teams
- Promptly escalating potential/actual abnormal performance and system issues
- Providing system performance and tuning as well as root cause determination.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, Exchange Server 2010 or higher.
- Hands on experience configuring email clients (outlook 2007/2010, etc) and mobile devices (Blackberry devices and other smart phones)
- Minimum of 1- 3 years’ experience in the administration of IT systems with a broad computing experience in a business environment is essential.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience administering, troubleshooting and supporting Windows Servers, AD, Exchange.
- Good hands on experience with Backup and disaster recovery using Symantec backup exec for mailbox/information store backup and restore
- Working knowledge and hands on networking experience covering TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, IMAP and other messaging protocols.
- Upgrading, patching and installing software on Microsoft Enterprise Windows OS
- Demonstrable aptitude for logical thought and problem solving.
- Sound verbal and written communication with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of OND in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required
- Relevant Microsoft and other industry certifications will be added advantage