The duties of the Systems Administrator shall include but may not be limited to:
- Management of the hydrocarbon forecasting and resource work bench system
- Managing of the assurance information management systems
- Managing the interface between business planning and reservoir engineering
- Managing the Virtual reality centre and ensuring subsurface reviews are properly setup
- Deployment of technical computing machines and management of availability
- Maintaining the inventory of printers/plotters
- Software License Management and generation of reports & statistics,
- Management of servers,work station clients, disks, daily support/maintenance of plotters/printers, etc,
- Responsible for the smooth running of the system-clients/servers,
- Assist in implementing procedures and scripts development for system management.
- Carrying out service level, incident, problem and release management in line with ITIL process.
- The System administrator must be a graduate in Computer Science, Geology, Geophysics, Physics or Electrical Engineering with good knowledge of seismic data, LINUX and ORACLE should have minimum of five years experience in system management within the oil industry.
The system administrator must posses evidence of attendance in recognized training site of:
- Systems Administration, ITIL and Project Management Courses,
- Basic & Advanced LINUX and ORACLE courses
- Extensive experience in working with the OSI soft PI Suite of applications and technologies and how it is used within the Oil and Gas business processes
- Technical skill on other system integration products such as Matrikon, OPC, Total Access, Modbus, DeltaV, Smar system 302, Yokogawa, Foxboro, Kepware,etc
- Competence service delivery processes using Service Manager 9.0 Toolkit
- Ability to understand the Product.