- Plan systems audit procedures, oversee a team of auditors and ensure their investigation is in compliance with MTNN and government standards.
- Identify significant risk(s) associated with strategic objectives of the company and provide input into annual audit plan accordingly.
- Develop and record a plan for each engagement reflecting the scope and objectives of the audit assignment linked to the significant risk exposure within that particular environment.
- Ensure efficient and effective execution of annual audit plan, track and monitor expenditures and update/adjust budget as necessary.
- Sustain audit methodology processes to ensure compliance with the required standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors and International Best Practice ; and recommend changes as required.
- Provide input to the overall audit methodology and promote efficient practices by recommending improvements in processing capability, user interface and security designs.
- Lead and direct the monitoring of MTNNs computer network for possible mismanagement, fraud and inefficiency.
- Conduct on-going audits as per annual audit plan and as need arises and provide suggestion on audit assignments conducted e.g. technical reviews of IS and Network.
- Perform complex analysis using CAATs tools (e.g. ACL) and Excel and ensure audit reports are timely, accurate, objective and constructive.
- Meet with management on matters that bothers on risk management, internal controls and corporate governance processes.
- Incorporate knowledge gained from consulting engagements into audit assignments and overall audit plan.
- Review the performance of system auditors and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of system auditors, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.