In this important role you will have the opportunity to become a key player in the Projects Sales Cycle for Emerson Process Management – Remote Automation Solutions, Middle East and Africa. Reporting to the SCADA Solutions Sales Consultant, the primary function will be to interface between field sales and tendering and provide guidance on the technology to be implemented. With the support of the back office tendering, you will manage the sales proposal life cycle from RFQ registration through to its final Tender submission and any subsequent clarifications/qualifications. You will maintain up to date Company Sales Literature including Pre Qualifications submissions and those in progress. You will also act as a Gate Keeper for our trade compliance process in the world area.
· Execution of job responsibilities (see below) in accordance with the Company QMS.
· Provide for the planning, reporting, development, management and delivery of good quality sales tenders against agreed timescales.
· Manage methodical and accurate tender cost preparation and analysis.
· Provide good standard sales support material including Company pre qualifications documentation.
· General commercial and technical support for Sales.
· Maintain and foster good customer and supplier relations.
· Ensure Trade compliance is complied with
1. Specific Responsibilities
· To Review and Register all enquiries, after assessing their viability and to distribute internally to the appropriate parties.
· Coordinate tenders’ submittal with the back office tendering engineers ensuring bid submission timescales and deadlines are fully met.
· Review Conditions of Contract issued with the RFQ, engaging with EMR legal as necessary.
· Ensure completeness of Tender Approval documents for internal price validation meetings.
· Present tender proposal internally.
· Participate in negotiations’ with suppliers and sub-contractors.
· Coordinate project handover and launch internally following order placement and to participate in the Customer/EMR Project KOM.
· Provide sales support on and off site, including but not limited to practical demos, attending project definition and technical clarifications meetings, representing the RAS BU in exhibitions, seminars and workshops;
· To work in accordance with the procedures set out in the Company QMS and to complete administrative tasks as defined in the QMS.
· Undertake revisions of tendering related procedures for inclusion within the QMS;
· Communicate good working/engineering practices with other members of the Company;
Supply a regular update on progress and issues to the line manager on tender activities.
Work with other BU’s of Emerson to maximize Emerson’s content in proposed solutions/quotes
Participate in regular review meetings to prioritise workload & review performance, such that client expectations are met in a timely manner while maintaining in-house profitability expectations.
Contribute to continual improvement of company’s products and solutions.
Maintain a thorough understanding of the divisions products & services
Maintain the best interests of the Emerson organisation at all times
Adhere to Health & Safety regulations
Ensure that all transactions are properly screened and recorded in accordance with the company’s Trade Compliance procedures
Act as local gatekeeper for trade compliance matters
Develop and implement procedures, with oversight from the Country Compliance Manager, to ensure that the compliance related activities within their remit are completed properly.
Serve as a focal point for escalation of issues and the dissemination of compliance information.
To provide guidance to Trade Compliance Users.